Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerryhiles
Former Member
Message 31 of 150

Re: Real time scanning keeps turning off and virtual tech cant fix

Easy answer.

Enable Windows Defender.

I really like McAfee and would not go elsewhere for protection, but McAfee will not admit to riding on the back of Microsoft products.

I cannot be bothered to elaborate.  Work it out for yourself.

aimin
Former Member
Message 32 of 150

I did a system restore earlier on this evening and it's now almost 1:30 am, I'm still awake because the real time scanner's causing massive problems!

It turns itself on and off whenever it feels like it and messes around with the updates too, I've tried doing many things that have helped other people on this thread though nothing seems to ave worked. I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me any sort of advice on this.

Rod_Neep
Contributor
Message 33 of 150

I am still having the same problem. A couple of weeks on, and no further answers?

I am feeling pretty vulnerable!

Rod

lloydjv
Contributor
Message 34 of 150

Same here. Every year when it's time to renew it's something different. Seems there sould be a more reliable Virtual technician that can diagnose and inform you the steps needed to repair the issue. One of our pc's will not even recognize the network adaptor now due to this. It seems if the removal device were working it would be a clean slate whether you performed a system restore or not. It frankly does not make one iota of sense.

What's worse is mine is an employee subscription and i can't get help with this. 

Rod_Neep
Contributor
Message 35 of 150

Now I do feel angry!

Still no answer to this problem..... and the plot thickens.

Is McAfee taking the piss?

Screen 1.... after clicking it to turn on....

http://www.rod-neep.com/mcafee/mca01.jpg

Then seconds later... of course... it reverts back...

http://www.rod-neep.com/mcafee/mca02.jpg

A few seconds later, up pops a window inviting me to install the latest version.... to cure the problem???

Which I do.... and get a new screen....

http://www.rod-neep.com/mcafee/mca03.jpg

"Fix now" it says... so I obediently click it...

And I am taken here !!!

http://www.rod-neep.com/mcafee/mca04.jpg

Frankly... this is an insult. Put more money in the slot !!!

Come on now McAfee !!!!

Fix this problem for us once and for all !!!!

Rod

wfnh
Former Member
Message 36 of 150

This is what worked for me. You have to update McAfee. It doesn't seem like it's doing anything at all for a long time, but once it finishes updating, you shouldn't have any problems. I hope that helps.

Rod_Neep
Contributor
Message 37 of 150

I have it set to automatic updates..... and it does.

Rod

lloydjv
Contributor
Message 38 of 150

Same here, after numerous ms services resets and having to reload my network hardware. There are still a few glitches, but finally got my PC's up and running again.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 39 of 150

Hi Rod_Neep

Sorry for your frustration, I understand that you have tried almost steps in getting this resolved, please let us know if you are interested in a call back from one of our technicians in diagnosing your issue and understand what makes the Real time scanner disabled in your machine aand at the same time getting that resolved for you.

Please click on my Avatar here in forums and send me a private message, and we will be contacting you.

Awaiting to help you. . ..

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online community Moderator

on 10/11/10 7:42:06 AM GMT-06:00
mlensen
Former Member
Message 40 of 150

I have exactly the same problem, using Windows 7. Can't even install virual tech, it stops halfway with an error message. I tried everything suggested, but no solution. On 2 others pc there's no problem with McAfee Internet Security. Please help me out or I will buy a different product!

M.Lensen

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community