cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abceliezer
Former Member
Message 41 of 150

Re: Real time scanning keeps turning off and virtual tech cant fix

Alex9719 is correct. Just an update solves your problem.Good luck.

abceliezer
Former Member
Message 42 of 150

updating mcafee solved the problem for me.

Rod_Neep
Contributor
Message 43 of 150

Updating the software does NOT work for me.

The problem persists.

Rod

Rod_Neep
Contributor
Message 44 of 150

Dinesh

I did respond to you (On 12th October) with a private message as suggested.

Response..... nothing.

Do I assume that you passed on my information to someone else, who then failed to take ownership of the problem?

Rod

kaku
Contributor
Message 45 of 150

hey

Listen it would be so nice of you if you could suggest me some solution for the same problem....as soon as i turn REAL TIME SCAN on.....it turns off.....and then it shows problem and says  "unexpected problem occured in your scan ... go to home page and trying running the scan"

It also says script checking is OFF..

i recently bought this laptop_ 2 months back.. dell inspiron 15R with mcafee_2 year.... i dont know what the problem is?? how complex it is...  hope you people can better guide me finding a solution...

can there be any probem like i bought this laptop in US but using it in INDIA... though i never even for once started this in US

urgently need solution please guys .. if you could help me out..

Puneet Chugh

djarboe
Former Member
Message 46 of 150

Well, been on chat twice so far trying to fix this.  First time they did a patch, and said to restart my PC and then update software.  Didn't work.   Second time, they said my PC was infected and to run Freescan. Of course, Freescan only tells me that my McAfee stuff isn't working, and when I hit the "fix" button, it sends me to a web page so I can buy McAfee. Big help there! I scanned the system with Defender, and scanned the drive with McAfee from another PC on my home network (mapped the drive first, so McAfee would see it.)  Nothing.

So, uninstalled the software, ran their cleanup tool, and tried to reinstall.  Now, the reinstall will not complete successfully.  So, now I have NO McAfee software loaded or running.  Tried this several times, same result... incomplete install.  Now doing a scan with Spybot.

Just about ready to cancel my subscription, which just renewed.  Clearly the tech support folks are not able to help, and always seem to be in a rush to close the chat session.  Argh!

Eazzy
Former Member
Message 47 of 150

Having the same porblem.  folowed the steps,  still same problem.

just install the product two days ago.  worked when installed, then it updated...and the problem started. 

The only step I could not do to fix it was to down load was the oas-disabled-fix.cmd.   the link just goes to a page with this on it....no down load...

pushd "%CommonProgramFiles%\McAfee\VSCore"
mfehidin -i -x vscore.xml oas firecore scriptscan
popd

uninstalled reinstalled the program...same thing ,works until it updates....this is very time consuming and enoying....(beginning to think I would rather live with the

viruses  less time consuming.

Must say the scripted code to register for this communitie was ominous...."GOOD FOCKME"  lol....

gerryhiles
Former Member
Message 48 of 150

I have a very simple answer to this total failure of McAfee.

Just dump McAfee and go with Windows Defender and more Microsoft products ... then you will have NO more problems,  Get totally rid of McAfee not easy, because this shit site has your credit card stored and WILL rip you off.

I had to jump through hoops to get McAfee to cease access to my credit card.

gerryhiles
Former Member
Message 49 of 150

OK McAfee is going to delete me very soon, so whilst I have a window of opportunity  AVOID MCAFEE LIKE THE PLAGUE OK,

djarboe
Former Member
Message 50 of 150

I ended up doing the same.  Called for my refund, since my lisence had just renewed.  Removed McAfee, and have been running Windows Defender and Microsoft Security Essentials.  Odd, now my system doesn't crash randomly anymore either.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community