cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
capy2147
Former Member
Message 21 of 150

Re: Real time scanning keeps turning off and virtual tech cant fix

HI....I had that happen to me last night for the first time..........I spent over4 hrs. going from one thing to another, and nothing was working...When I clicked ..turn it on...it would come on, and then..poof..it was off again...I was getting SOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrated angry and upset.......tried to calm down and went through the whole thing again...don't even ask me what I did...but through some small miracle, and I mean miracle...it came on and stayed on.........at least last night it did.

turned on computer the am.........guess what???  The whole thing started all over again!!!!!!!  did a few things then had to leave for physical therapy.........when I returned...it was on again!!

Seems to me that McAfee could do something....to a fast correction to this problem?  

Dinz
Former Member
Message 22 of 150

hmmm   Just to find out the cause though ,Did we make any new changes to the computer ; like a system restore / installing any new software ?

Also , please run Mcafee virtual technician from here : http://mvt.mcafee.com and post me your session id's so that we can have a review if the products are installed & working fine.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

wfnh
Former Member
Message 23 of 150

Updating McAfee fixed the problem for me. The problem started after a System Restore.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 24 of 150

Thanks for confirmation wfnh,

it would be good if we receive more confirmations from other users as well so that this could be reported back to the development team and they will work on this one.

Regards,

Dinesh K

gerryhiles
Former Member
Message 25 of 150

I'll repost what worked nearly instantly and very easily for me a few weeks ago - after previously wasting many futile hours.

If you are running Windows 7 (I forget what came with XP, but the same might apply) then next time you get the problem, see if the "Action Centre" flag (bottom right) is red, then click on it and allow the option of turning Windows Defender on and let it update, etc..  That's it, or has been for me for weeks, including one systems restore for unrelated matters.

Maybe if I'd picked an earlier restore point I might have had to repeat, but I'm not going to mess around obviously, so I don't know.

I seem to recall that when I had XP  Windows Defender was an optional download.  Whatever, the above works in my system and it's reasonable to assume Windows 7 generally.

Message was edited by: gerryhiles on 6/09/10 7:42:40 PM
user_133961
Former Member
Message 26 of 150

this is the winner right here....

download the SuperAntiSpyware use that software...

let that software do everything our money expected mcafee to do........(thanks mcafee)

and then uninstall the SuperAntiSpyware

then return to mcafee.... and sleep well knowing that the guys at mcafee couldn't solve a malware problem.

I thought malware would be something that mcafee would protect my computer from?

perhaps mcafee could recommend a virus protector that works...

from - Happy Customer

gerryhiles
Former Member
Message 27 of 150

You were infected?

I'm amost certain that I never have been, since getting this PC about a year ago.

What exactly did SuperAntiSpyware find that Spybot and Malwarebytes can't, for instance?

I don't have any trouble with Real Time now and I never had any reason to really consider infection to be causing the problem.

roshel
Contributor
Message 28 of 150

I heard that Real time scanning keeps turning off is a known issue.................

(Reasons:System restore, Virus Infection, Windows Service Pack upgrade)

Follow steps in the following document:

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100903

Message was edited by: Ro sh on 9/11/10 5:13:08 AM CDT
Dinz
Former Member
Message 29 of 150

Hello ,

Thanks for confirming the same , and in reponse to Ro sh, real time scanner usually gets disabled duw to the following reasons where
*Other security software may cause a conflict with your McAfee products
*Due to existing malware infection
*Conflict with remnants of your previous security software
*System restore performed.

If any one of you are still facing this issue please send me a private message , (click on my avatar, use the private message option) let me help you in diagnosing the issue .

Regards,
Dinesh K

Rod_Neep
Contributor
Message 30 of 150

I am having the same problem. It started just two days ago.

No system restore, no new software added.

I have been through all of the suggestions, including the sequence in the FAQ.

The only error reported is that the file mfevtps.exe cannot be found

I still have the same problem.

Feeling vulnerable.

Rod

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community