Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmaouda
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Re: Reinstalling SecurityCenter Problem

Jump to solution

Hi,

I contacted McAfee support abd gave remote access to a McAfee technicien who after more than 1 hour trying to fix the issue couldn't. At the end he asked me to contact Microsoft. I'm at the limit to go back to Symantec Norton.

My OS is Microsoft 7 64bits. 

RAM = 6GB

At 83 % of the installation it stopped:

Error Message: "Sorry, your McAfee software could't be installed. The following components failed to Install: SecurityCenter".

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 12

Jump to solution

Anyone having this problem please open a ticket with Support as this problem arises due to multiple causes which includes (not limited to) Windows outdated, corrupt components, Hardware failure. Support should be able to diagnose and apply a workaround if available.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi

I have sent you a private message. Please reply back so that we can take it forward.

Regards
Farhan
McAfee Tier 2.5 Technician

deafweb2000
Contributor II
Message 3 of 12

Jump to solution

I'm Having the exactly same problem such as

"My OS is Microsoft 7 64bits.

Error Message: "Sorry, your McAfee software could't be installed. The following components failed to Install: SecurityCenter".

I just found this webt site forum hope anyone can help me with this SIMILAR  problem  i'm having with this issue 

deafweb2000
Contributor II
Message 4 of 12

Jump to solution

Anyone?

deafweb2000
Contributor II
Message 5 of 12

Jump to solution

@nmaouda wrote:

Hi,

I contacted McAfee support abd gave remote access to a McAfee technicien who after more than 1 hour trying to fix the issue couldn't. At the end he asked me to contact Microsoft. I'm at the limit to go back to Symantec Norton.

My OS is Microsoft 7 64bits. 

RAM = 6GB

I just went throught  every steps  posted on this forum  and  i am in the same situation  like this post above 

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi,

We are currently investigating this issue. I'll post here if there are further updates.

Ehtelltum
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Jump to solution

I have just had exactly the same problem, stoped at 83%, same message. Win 10, 64 bit, 16GB RAM. I had just ensured all Windows updates were installed. 

My PC is a Dell bought a year ago and the McAfee subscription that came with it expired yesteday, so I uninstalled it tonight and tried to install the McAfee that comes with my broadband subscription (Plusnet - they call it 'Plusnet Protect powered by McAfee', but it's just McAfee as far as I can see). I had the same problems as nmaouda, multiple times, after using MCPR.exe and Pre-Install Tool.exe as per the 'How do I fix this' link displayed in the installer when it failed. 

It's very frustrating as my previous McAfee installation was still providing cover when I uninstalled it. Now I only have Windows Defender.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi @Ehtelltum

Based on our initial investigations we found that there were multiple causes for this failure. To understand the actual type of your device case we may need to collect logs for diagnosing this problem.

Please reach out to us on our regular Support channel and post here the ticket for me to follow up.

billthekid
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Jump to solution

Yip, same problem here.

Please provide feedback here once you have a solution.

Gaming Rig by www.serverguru.com.au
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 12

Jump to solution

Anyone having this problem please open a ticket with Support as this problem arises due to multiple causes which includes (not limited to) Windows outdated, corrupt components, Hardware failure. Support should be able to diagnose and apply a workaround if available.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community