cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 1 of 13

Quick Clean and shredder gone after I got an update to new UI ?

Jump to solution

Today my McAfee internet security suite was updated from the green UI to the new blueish version. When I looked through the UI I didn´t see how to get acess to shredder and quick clean. If I click on about it shows that both are installed. But I can´t access them. Why ? Are they removed from my paid program ? Or is there something I missed in the new UI which will give me access. Did a reinstall and it got worse now the functions Quick clean, shredder an VU-scanner are no longer listed as components when I open the about tab. Anybody from McAfee who can explain this ? Still had 120 days left of my subscription so it is strange for a company to remove a function in the program that I paid for in advance..

Help please

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
axcel31
Contributor
Message 13 of 13

Re: Quick Clean and shredder gone after I got an update to new UI ?

Jump to solution

Shortly after I posted; the McAfee UI reverted on its own to the Old UI. Once it had reverted, I have been able to use Quick Clean and Shredder.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 13

Jump to solution

Hello @jonnywalker

Sorry for the inconvenience. I understood that you have new McAfee UI[Orion version] on your machine. We still have those features and can be accessed from below steps.

For Shredder

• Open McAfee and goto Identity
  • Under identity there is an option "Shredder".

For Quick Clean

• Open McAfee and goto privacy
  • under Privacy there is an option called "Remove Cookies and Trackers".
  • By clicking  that option quick clean can be performed

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 3 of 13

Jump to solution

Hello the problem is that neither of Quick clean or shredder or vu-scanner is listed under identity or privacy after I got the update to the new UI . I did a reinstall through my acount but those functions don´t apear nowhere in the UI. So your solution is not valid. Maybe you  got another one ?

Mal56
Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Jump to solution

Help !!

Not sure if I'm entering this in the correct forum.  Apologies (newbie !)

I sort of have this too.  Didn't use lap top for 4 or 5 days.  When started it up, the "Identity" tab was missing, and also another tab (can't remember what it was).  I only have 3 "tabs : Home, PC Security, and account.

Subscription is definitely still current.

I have also tried removing Mcafee and reinstalling.  No difference.  I'm a bit lost without my shredder (though it's still lurking "in the system" somewhere, as when I right click a file the "shred" option is still there) but panicking a bit as I'm really not sure whether Mcafee is working and protecting me.

Any help or thoughts from any (very !) patient people out there would be appreciated.

Tnx

GaneshR
Message 5 of 13

Jump to solution

Hi @Mal56

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. This is an McAfee UI issue. McAfee is aware of it. It should be fixed soon. I will keep you updated on this.

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

GaneshR
Message 6 of 13

Jump to solution

Hi @jonnywalker

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. This is an McAfee UI issue. McAfee is aware of it. It should be fixed soon. I will keep you updated on this.

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

axcel31
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Jump to solution

I have a similar issue. Though mine is that with 3 User McAfee Total Protection; while i can see "Remove Cookies And Trackers" since the update (new UI) clicking on it does nothing and I mean nothing; it is like it doenst exist...

For a couple of days restarting the comp got it to work; but now it is not working at all. I have dona  reinstall, I have run Virt tec{which said no problems found} - Quick clean is just plain *ubar...

Really? This is what I pay $100 a year for? Though it still is better {most of the time} than *or***n or anything else i ever tried.....

I am really frustrated and angry.... Fix your product.....

sivasubramanian
Message 8 of 13

Jump to solution

@axcel31

We regret the predicament caused on McAfee UI. Please update and reboot the computer. 

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
GaneshR
Message 9 of 13

Jump to solution

Hello @jonnywalker

McAfee UI issue has been resolved. Please update McAfee and restart the computer 

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other member

GaneshR
Message 10 of 13

Jump to solution

Hello @Mal56

McAfee UI issue has been resolved now. Please update McAfee and restart the computer 

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other member

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community