cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrshvd3
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Question on what product is best for me.

Jump to solution

I currently have McAfee Personal Firewall Plus For MSN.  MSN will no longer be offering it after the end of June.  I want to stay with McAfee protection by paying for a subscription. 

What I'd like to know is what would come closest to what I now have (since I'm comfortable with it)?  I've looked at Total Protection For One Device (I have only a desktop computer -- no smartphones, no tablets, nothing else) -- does it include a firewall, or do I have to purchase that coverage separately? 

For those of us not computer savvy, not a lot of detail is offered!  I have a bit of time yet before I have to make a decision, but would appreciate any information, please.  I do appreciate the assistance and answers I've gotten on here in the past -- another big reason why I'd like to stay with McAfee.  Thank you.

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Re: Question on what product is best for me.

Jump to solution

Hi

Yes McAfee Total Protection 1 device would be the best fit for you. It does include McAfee Personal Firewall as part of the Suite.

For details see https://www.mcafee.com/consumer/en-us/store/m0/catalog/mtp_521/mcafee-total-protection.html

View solution in original post

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

You might want to wait until the current MSN subscription expires. Reason is that the remaining period will lapse if you purchase a new subscription and couldn't be carry forwarded towards the new one.

sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

@mrshvd3

In the new UI please click on "Account" tab. At the bottom you would find the "About" option to view the version and build  details.

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

6 Replies
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi

Yes McAfee Total Protection 1 device would be the best fit for you. It does include McAfee Personal Firewall as part of the Suite.

For details see https://www.mcafee.com/consumer/en-us/store/m0/catalog/mtp_521/mcafee-total-protection.html

mrshvd3
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

@selvan wrote:

Hi

Thank you, Selvan, for both of your replies. The instructions will be helpful, and the answer on the Total Protection One Device is exactly what I needed to know.

Just one other question -- Should I wait until after my McAfee for MSN has expired to remove it and purchase and install the Total Protection One Device? 

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

You might want to wait until the current MSN subscription expires. Reason is that the remaining period will lapse if you purchase a new subscription and couldn't be carry forwarded towards the new one.

mrshvd3
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

@selvan wrote:

That is a good point. It wouldn't be that important since the MSN McAfee coverage feature ends on 6/30 and my MSN subscription (without the MSN McAfee) expires in late August.  So, the one won't cancel out the other.  I will hold off until 6/30 or 7/1, if that's what you're suggesting.  I truly appreciate the information you've provided me -- it's exactly what I need.

mrshvd3
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

@selvan wrote:

Hi

Hi, Selvan --

I went ahead and uninstalled the McAfee For MSN today (MSN is no longer offering McAfee as part of its subscription) and installed the Total Protection 1 Device.  Your uninstall/purchase/install instructions were spot on!  Everything went well.  I have the new interface to get used to, but so far so good except for one question -- With the old interface, I could check to see what version and build I have.  Is there something I can click on with the TP1D to do that?  I can't thank you enough for your help and guidance.  Ten thumbs-up to you!

sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

@mrshvd3

In the new UI please click on "Account" tab. At the bottom you would find the "About" option to view the version and build  details.

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community