cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newjack
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Question about updates

When i logged on today i thought i was recieving an update.In my taskbar the blue circle was spinning over the Mcafee icon.After i checked under (about)to see if i was up to date.Mcafee still said 10/01.About 10 minutes later i recieved a pop up that i will display below.The pop up seems to state i recieved an update.When i rebooted Mcafee still said 10/01?Has anyone else recieved this?Also noticed after that it said software upgrade.Perhaps nothing to do with update?I already have 2010.                                        Thanks newjack

Message was edited by: newjack on 10/2/10 12:31:16 PM EDT
6 Replies
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Question about updates

Sometime when you check the version numbers they will change and sometimes not. Antispam in my computer shows it was last updated at 12:25 pm on October 2nd and the content version number is 3634, but the Virus scan was last updated on October 1 with a build number of 14.5.113 and a Dat number of 6123

Hope this helps you with your question Newjack

newjack
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Hey Tom, Yes i understand that part.Did you see my attachment?

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Yes I did see your screenshot and I have been looking for more info on this but haven't found anything as of yet

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7

Mine just did that and now the versions are as follows:

SecurityCenter 10.5.204

VirusScan 14.5.113 Engine 5400.1158

The rest haven't changed.

Sometimes nothing changes in the numbers if it's a patch.

newjack
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

OK, Thanks EX-brit.Just wondering what that was about.Also thanks Tom for looking into that.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

OK, good luck.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community