cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrispy79
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Ports appear open but Mcafee logs connection blocks

Everything was working fine with our Mcafee and connections to filemaker until this morning.  Went through the logs and everything I can think of, but can't seem to figure out where the issue lies.

connection.jpgports.JPG

block.JPG

The program is allowed in connections, the ports are allowed in ports, but the system is still blocking connections from the approved program and port.  I know the issue lies in Mcafee, because I am able to turn the firewall off, and the connection is allowed, but as soon as the firewall is turned back on the remote program loses connection again.

Thanks!

5 Replies
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Ports appear open but Mcafee logs connection blocks

to scan your computer for any McAfee related issue.
If the issues persists perhaps you could contact McAfee Technical Support for further assistance.

There is other moderators also patrolling these forums and may also be able to offer you assistance based upon their experience with these type of issues.

Tom K3TG

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 6

When it comes to technical stuff like ports and permissions I usually ask Technical Support.  After all it's free of charge.

Link below.  Of course that doesn't preclude someone with knowledge spotting this.  We can always hope.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Like your other network question, when it comes to technical stuff like ports and permissions I usually ask Technical Support.  After all it's free of charge, see below.

That of course doesn't preclude some knowledgeable person spotting this and contributing.  We can always hope.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

chrispy79
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

This topic can be closed - the "technical service representative" couldn't figure it out, didn't understand teamviewer (since I was changing settings on the remote machine and testing the connection using my local machine), and his solution was to default the software.  It "fixed" the issue, but no explanation why it worked 7pm on a monday night and by 6am on tuesday it wouldn't work, nor what could have caused the sudden change.  Put back in all the same settings to what Mcafee had prior to the default, and the connection still works!?!  Heck of a glitch.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

OK good luck.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community