Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajsletter
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Online Backup Registration Error

Jump to solution

I keep trying to register my online backup so I can get rid of these ! on my icons and to get the icon to quit flashing.  When I click on the icon to register I keep getting the error that says internet connection unavailable.  Obviously I have an internet connection, any ideas on how to resolve this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hedgescape1
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Re: Online Backup Registration Error

Jump to solution

To get rid of the online backup registration flashing icon:

1. using windows explorer, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfeeMOBK\

2. in the McAfeeMOBK, scroll down to and double click MozyUninstaller.ex

3. restart computer

4. the flashing icon in taskbar and the shortcut on desktop will still be there but do not despair

5. double click the flashing icon in taskbar and the flashing icon and desktop icon will disappear forever

6. next time you reboot they will not reappear

I could give McAfee a swift boot in the you know what for this annoying treatment of paying subscribers.

As to removing every trace of online backup I do not know how except for the dumb process of deleting McAfee Total Protection the doing a custom reinstall.

If McAfee is reading this, be warned that I do not intend to renew my subscription unless some sort of apology and correction is given by McAfee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

I suggest you contact Technical Support directly as it appears nobody knows an answer here.

It's free by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 08/11/13 3:28:23 EST PM
dac1
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

When this gets resolved, I would like to know because I am having the same problem with the backup program.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Did you contact Technical Support?

hedgescape1
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

To get rid of the online backup registration flashing icon:

1. using windows explorer, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfeeMOBK\

2. in the McAfeeMOBK, scroll down to and double click MozyUninstaller.ex

3. restart computer

4. the flashing icon in taskbar and the shortcut on desktop will still be there but do not despair

5. double click the flashing icon in taskbar and the flashing icon and desktop icon will disappear forever

6. next time you reboot they will not reappear

I could give McAfee a swift boot in the you know what for this annoying treatment of paying subscribers.

As to removing every trace of online backup I do not know how except for the dumb process of deleting McAfee Total Protection the doing a custom reinstall.

If McAfee is reading this, be warned that I do not intend to renew my subscription unless some sort of apology and correction is given by McAfee.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Sorry you had to experience all that but Technical Support would have sorted it out in no time I'm pretty sure.

However, the method you used is a good one so I'll mark that as the answer here.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community