cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomTinsley
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Office 2010 (64 bit)

Well yes, I am testing Office 2010 Pro Plus 64 bit on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit RTM system.  I found something interesting on the Office Beta (Technet) site.

"For native add-ins, the add-in vendor must supply a 64-bit version of the add-in. 32-bit native add-ins will not load when 64-bit Outlook is installed on 64-bit Windows. Contact your add-in vendor for an updated version of the add-in that will work with Outlook 2010."

So how long before McAfee releases a 64 bit app? Come on Ex_Brit throw us a bone. And can I beta test it?  I gotta love this stuff. I must be sick.

6 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Re: Office 2010 (64 bit)

I have no idea.  It's been a long-time policy of McAfee to say that beta products are not supported, and that's all they'll tell us.  So I guess wait and see.

I will ask at our weekly conference call, however.  (Monday afternoon).

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/21/09 5:54 AM
TomTinsley
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

I know I can wait, I just hate to.  You know what I mean?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 7

Let's see what they say on Monday.  I know exactly what you mean.

infuseme
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

lol, this is kind of ironic really, because i just post a quiry with regards to the fact that McAfee's Site Advisor fails to work on 32Bit version of windows while running the 64 bit version: I am starting to get paranoid.. Maybe i should re-install everything to 32 bit 😕

Message was edited by: infuseme on 11/21/09 10:04 AM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 7

I'm all 64-bit and SiteAdvisor works fine, except you should be using the 32-bit version of IE simply because there are hardly any add-ons that work with the 64-bit one yet. .. like Flash for starters.

Both version of IE are listed in All programs.

Manoj_AR
Former Member
Message 7 of 7

McAfee Anti Spam is not compatible with Office 2010, Microsoft redesigning the way of Add-in load and its working and they are still trying to improve on the same (Current version will work). Once it officially released McAfee Anti Spam will be compatible not sure about the Add-in version.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community