cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gekko
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

No Virus Protection

I recently downloaded McAfee Antivirus Plus.  It is now telling me that I have no virus protection.  When I click on the button to Add Virus Protection, it brings me to a list of features I have installed.  If I click on My Home Network, there is a warning icon telling me My Computer is at risk.  But if I click on that icon, nothing happens.

If I go to the home screen, it tells me Virus Protection is not installed.  It also tells me Real Time Scanning is not installed.

If I click on Install this feature now, it takes me back to the list of features that are installed (see above paragraph).

Should I try to re-download and reinstall the software since it doesn't seem to be complete?

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: No Virus Protection

If you had any other brand of protection installed make sure you used their removal tools.

Try uninstalling  McAfee via the Control Panel in the normal way

Use the MCPR removal tool listed under Useful Links at top of this page & reboot.

Reinstall from your online account.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 23/05/10 8:46:42 EDT AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community