Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steveo46
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

New User Interface

Hi,

I posted this question under the Virus Scan 13 Board.Maybe I posted  it on the wrong board.I recieved a update yesterday that required a re-boot.I remember Peter saying that the update would probally come with a reboot.When The update installed it asked me to reboot the system to finish the install.I thought great I am getting the new User Interface.When all said &  done eveything was still the same.Do I have to do a complete uninstall & then a reinstall.I need some guidance in what steps I should take.I am assuming that the new U.I.is for virus scan 13.15.

Thanks

Steve

6 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Re: New User Interface

Hi,

I think I stated elsewhere that everyone will eventually update but that it is throttled back at the moment, so will gradually happen.  Updates requiring a reboot can happen when something other that simply the DAT is updated so I wouldn't worry.

You are pretty-well guaranteed in the US of getting the new interface if you uninstall/reinstall, however, if you get McAfee from your ISP; AOL, Dell, etc. or similar, it may not happen as they may not yet even have released it themselves.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 19/02/10 6:43:29 EST AM
kmrahul1
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Steveo,

The version of Virus scan for 2010 is 14.0.

Can you do a uninstall/reinstall of your McAfee product?

Steveo46
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

So if I understand you I will not get the new User Interface beause I am running Virus Scan 13 not Virus Scan 14.

Thanks

Steve

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 7

Correct. Once the new version is out there usuallyare no updates for the old version re cosmetic changes. 2010 is better I feel.

ck2103
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Hello I'm a bit new but, I've just had the most horrible experience with this new interface. after it automatically downloaded

it froze my computer. i've got win xp sp3. i've had nothing but problems with trying to uninstall and reinstall mcafee for

2 days now. finally a chat rep did a clean uninstall and reinstall...now i have mcafee back, only to hate it! i absolutely

just hate the way it looks. i told the chat rep my mcafee software had crashed because i had this ugly white screen

with a giant lime green bar running at the top. he said, it's ok, you are protected...i tried my best to uninstall mcafee

to get rid of that ugly screen, only to find out...it's the new screen...still hating it.

i feel like i've been cheated..ipaid a lot of money for what i saw..what was on the box...i liked the other interface...looked more professional. easier to use.

now i have to be on a search and destroy mission to find what i'm looking for. if they wanted to make a change to keep up with

other vendors ..why not just change the color..why change everything.  still hating it.

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 7

I find the interface is growing on me probably as been on it since August running the beta. If you are unhappy or have suggestions of ways it will be better either features or making it easier to use please post them here and I will pass them on up the line. We mods have sent off a large list of pioritized suggested features, we and the beta users wanted added and these have been heavily looked at for the upcoming 2011 beta.Got several fingers crossed.

Again any suggestions are welcome.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community