Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
et_tu_brute
Former Member
Message 41 of 51

Re: Mcafee Internet Security - can't check for updates

Jump to solution

As a registered user, I was already signed up to receive advices, newsletters and special offers etc. For this issue, nothing, nada, zilch.

How hard would it have been to notify all their registered users via email/txt etc?. Surely that wouldn't have been that expensive to do?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 42 of 51

Jump to solution

That'a great and I think everyone who has had support gets that survey if I recall.  It's a good idea but corporate decisions....etc. etc.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 22/08/12 4:12:04 EDT AM
ryohija
Contributor
Message 43 of 51

Jump to solution

Well, I thought everything was fixed, now I have this problem, after running McAfee Virtual Technician:

Security Center content error.jpg

The rest of the error said: "

"Top Issue: iDispatch Top Issue Detection"

"Top Issue: Core Components Failed to Install"

Everything else was OK:

Virus Scan: Version 15.0, Build 15.0.302, DAT 6809, Boot DAT Version 6802, Engine 5400.1158

Personal Firewall: Version 12.0, Build 12.0360

Site Advisor: Version 3.5,  Build 3.5.0.227

Anti-Spam: Version 12.0, Build 12.0.292, Content Version 4316, Engine Version 2.2.0.9286

Parental Controls: Version 13.0, Build 13.0.319

Online Backup: Version 3.0, Build 3.0.128

QuickClean and Shredder: Version 11.0, Build 11.04.418

The last thing that was updated was Anti-Spam per Security Center, on 08/21/2012.

.  I had a funny feeling about the way the online tech support rushed through the fix (partially because I told him I was in a rush).  He just downloaded and ran the latest MCPR; he didn't manually uninstall my McAfee suite first.

Is this installation still a bad one?  Is my PC really protected?  Do I have a problem, or should I just stop forcing update checks?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 44 of 51

Jump to solution

Try an uninstall via COntrol Panel, run MCPR, reboot and reinstall from the online account again.

atmac
Former Member
Message 45 of 51

Jump to solution

I had the problems over the weekend with - Your programs are up to date.

I uninstalled, used the MCPR tool and then redownloaded from my account at mcafee website(3.30PM 21/08/2012).  I now have dat 6809.0000 but still get the same response today when I try to update today - Your programs are up to date.

Come on McAfee, over 3 days with the same problem. This is taking up my normal work time.

HELP

Message was edited by: atmac on 22/08/12 07:16:51 CDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 46 of 51

Jump to solution

You ARE up to date.   You are no doubt looking at the posted DAT for Enterprise.   That always takes a while to filter through to Consumer products.  Give it time.

ryohija
Contributor
Message 47 of 51

Jump to solution

So, are the answers to my questions that I have a bad installation, and I'm really not protected even though the Security Center console is all "Green"?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 48 of 51

Jump to solution

Because 6811 is showing on the Enterprise website it doesn't mean you are behind having 6809.  They always get theirs long before consumers and that's assuming it's been released to the servers, something I simply don't know, it may well have not been released yet.

If you want to try and install it go ahead, but as long as your SecurityCenter is green, you are OK.   Just download the .exe and install it, simple as that.

ryohija
Contributor
Message 49 of 51

Jump to solution

OK, I'll just leave things as they are, and hopefully the update will roll through with no problems.  (I'm really not wanting to uninstall and reinstall again.)

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 50 of 51

Jump to solution

Just to test it I downloaded and installed 6811 from the Enterprise site and it works fine.   But really all that achieved was I jumped the gun on the servers.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community