cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 841 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

OK getting a bit off thread topic but throttling on  still. Is the 3 user version in a mcafee box?

jmckee
Contributor III
Message 842 of 1,143

Just checked and I am still at version 10.0.580 of the Security Center with a Last Update date of 5/17/2010.

Gina10610
Former Member
Message 843 of 1,143

Yes I have had this happen since Mcafee upgraded to the new 2010 antivirus plus .

you get an error message that is McSvhost.exe.  This is totally a Mcafee problem. I callled HP and found out with an excellent tech and had to uninstall TOTALLY all mcafee softwared and download the free AVG for now and it is working well with no more error messages...

You cannot get through to Mcafee without downloading their VIRTUAL TECHNICIAN which is useless, while you have AVG installed.  So to go to mcafee you have to unistall your software  then download their virtual technician  then chat or email and have them download their version IF they have corrected the problem.

They tell me it is because I have other vs of antivirus on my pc and I have never had anything but Mcafee since purchasing this computer.

Gina10610
Former Member
Message 844 of 1,143

Hi, I  just found out more information, when Mcafee upgraded to 2010 antivirus plus, you have to have more than 1GB of RAM on your pc. There is no way Mcafee can fix this problem on any computer without more than 1GB of Ram, so spend $80 and add more Ram or buy a new hard drive and upgrade to higher memory and higher GB on your hard drive.

Hope this helps you all out. I have to use AVG free for now and it works fine.

Good luck read my original post and this is also what HP told me and I have to admit I had to go to their escalation team to find out with high tech support.

Peacekeeper
Message 845 of 1,143

Hi, I  just found out more information, 
when Mcafee upgraded to 2010 antivirus plus, you have to have more than
1GB of RAM on your pc. There is no way Mcafee can fix this problem on
any computer without more than 1GB of Ram, so spend $80 and add more Ram
or buy a new hard drive and upgrade to higher memory and higher GB on
your hard drive.

So HP told you this did they?

My son in laws PC has 2gb installed and it happens on his.....

signon2
Contributor
Message 846 of 1,143

Hi ,

newbie here.

Ref:  0x6280436A error code..

have McAfee Internet security 2009

my  build number is version 10.5.193 and running windows xp mce

fully  up todate with MS... no printer or scanner and i'm getting the above  error code too.

Peacekeeper
Message 847 of 1,143

The 10.5.193 is that security center or firewall build. IS 2009 did not have this issue as the mcsvhost file was not included with 2009.

I assume you have 2010

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 1/07/10 7:13:59 PM
saab900
Contributor
Message 848 of 1,143

Hi Folks,

As an ex-mainframe bod and this is PC software, please correct me if I am wrong.

Firstly I think any advice or help anyone brings here is to be appreciated by all as I certainly do.

With respect I don't see the point of uninstalling McAfee and then installing AVG free.

I have concerns that a person may uninstall McAfee Internet Security, install AVG free, and continue doing banking on their PC without any further protection.

AVG free lacks important components to protect the identity of the user etc.

With respect to all I think people are taking the error message out of context.  It doesn't damage your PC, it is purely a nuisance only.

I have 2GB Ram and while I haven't had the message for some time, occasionally I was getting it.

If it required an increase in RAM to solve the problem then increasing the size of the hard drive would have no effect at all.

The size of the hard drive has no bearing on the size of RAM.  They are different components.

I have SecurityCenter version 10.0.580 and I manually check for updates every day as well as auto updates.

I'm not concerned it isn't 10.5, no doubt it will progress at the appropriate time.

Regards to all 

Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 849 of 1,143

Mine is bought online and downloaded

Peacekeeper
Message 850 of 1,143

Yes it is still throttled 10.5 will come soon. What I found is if 1 server diod not give you it after uninstall reinstall try another server. the australian 1 is always 1st updated.

If not having 10.5 is a big issue get back to me but it will come .

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community