Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nsquire
Former Member
Message 1071 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

@peacekeeper

Thanks. I just don't know where (which site) I have to log on.

Mcafee.com is not the appriopate one, which one is?

Regards

Peacekeeper
Message 1072 of 1,143

Well I used it last night testing the download and it worked fine.

open site go  my account and log in.

You could try another such as the australian server as users logged in there get 1st go at updates.

Mullie
Former Member
Message 1073 of 1,143

as you say because of throttling updates are released staggered BUT is it not taking a rather long time for us to get the upgrades how are we so far behind

Security center

Version 10.5

build 10.5.178

affid 7lang en-us

last update 24/07/2010

virus scan 14.5

build 14.5.113

update 02/09/2010

dat 6093

dat creation 02/09/2010

Personal firewall

version 11.5

Build 11.5.131

last update 24/04/2010

Site  advisor

Version 3.1

Build 3.1.0.175

Affid 7Language en-us

last update 24/04/2010

anti spam

Version 11.5

build  11.5.131

last update 24/06/2010

content ver 3612

content update 31/08/2010 21:46:52

parental controls

update 30/04/2010

quick clean

24/04/2010

Peacekeeper
Message 1074 of 1,143

My firewall still will not update still at 131. Hold on will check something.

Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 1075 of 1,143

I would just like to report that I had the upgrade to Build 195 and Firewall 135 on the 18th August, (16 days) and I have not had the error on shutdown once. So I hope this is a permanent fix now.

Peacekeeper
Message 1076 of 1,143

It is for 90% of users some seem to get the error after an upadte then not again till another update.Mcafee hasn't figured that 1 out though it may be dependent on your supplier ie the ISP or say dell versions might be slightly different. that is my guesss not given with any degree of certainity

Graffin75
Former Member
Message 1077 of 1,143

Good news and bad news.

After the recent update (Security Center build 10.5.195) on August 10th, my Windows XP system now shuts down without the error.

That's the good news.

The bad news is, the process doesn't always shutdown in time on Windows 7 (64-bit). It actually caused a BSOD yesterday, so i'll be removing all traces of McAfee software from that system.

Seriously, if the McSvHost.exe process wasn't in previous versions of McAfee Total Protection, and is clearly the cause of so many user's problems, you'd think the developers would either fix it or completely remove it from 2010. It seems to be nothing but a problematic process. Is it even necessary?

I've used McAfee Total Protection 2007/2008 and 2009 without any issues whatsoever, but after all of the problems with the 2010 version, when my subscription expires, i'll be looking for a far more stable alternative to protect my systems.

They've had almost 7 months to fix this (from when I first reported it), and while they've fixed it for some, they've made it worse for others.

Acela
Former Member
Message 1078 of 1,143

I agree with everything you have said regarding McAfee.

As of this date, I still have not been received the update for the security suite and the personal firewall that reportedly

addresses the problem.

However, I was just emailed a corrective fix which I will try in the next day or two.

ajmitch
Former Member
Message 1079 of 1,143

My system is still running with the two 'fix' files that we tested prior to the fix being rolled out.  Since then, my SC has updated to 195, but firewall is still at 131, not 135.

I don't currently have any problems, such as others are reporting after receiving the downloaded fix.  I was just wondering what's the betting that when my firewall finally upgrades to 135 I start getting the problems that others are now seeing.   I'm going to create a restore point now and then keep an eye on things.  If I do start getting problems after firewall goes to 135, then I think we can assume that the problems are related to that. Or is there something extra that the techies added into the released fix?

Peacekeeper
Message 1080 of 1,143

My test box still on 131 for firewall strange nothing I do will change it.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community