Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 981 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

Hi Mezzy,

Yeah, if you close Express, it shouldn't take any MORE memory, but it won't release what it has until restarted.

Sorry, the 2nd issue about the site has to do with a recent update we put in place to provide additional security. I'm not hep on all the technical details, but I'll see if I can get them and explain this a little better.

Message was edited by: Somer Pyron on 8/9/10 3:43:51 PM CDT
ajacobs
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 982 of 1,143

We are working on fixing some of the issues people are seeing in IE8 since we converted the community to HTTPS (SSL). If you continue to experience the login prompt issue, or any other issue, would you mind posting here so that I will receive an email: .

Any detail you can give would be helpful, such as URL, error text, screenshots, etc.

Thanks and sorry for any frustration.

mellissa
Former Member
Message 983 of 1,143

I'm in Sydney, Australia and I've just had some updates

Security Centre is now 10.5.195 and

Firewall is now 11.5.135

Not exactly the same as Peacekeeper mentioned, but hopefully I won't see the error message again!!!

Peacekeeper
Message 984 of 1,143

Those are the ones the ones I posted were a tad out so our tech found.

Any message I would assume not. Will try my test box now and see if it downloads ( nah still throttled no update yet)

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 10/08/10 7:27:34 PM

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 11/08/10 6:23:16 AM
TechnoWolf
Former Member
Message 985 of 1,143

I've never in my years seen so many bugs and fatal errors in a non-alpha software release.

A friend in the computer forensics and security business just told me they were running Mcafee and had their Email, Website FTP and Bank hacked open right through Mcafee.

FYI: something in or not in Mcafee is leaving a gaping hole open through which savvy hackers are able to keylog and hack email to gain access to FTP credentials and whatever else they stumble upon while watching you navigate your pc.

Message was edited by: TechnoWolf on 8/10/10 9:44:05 AM CDT
Peacekeeper
Message 986 of 1,143

Mcsvhost fix being rolled out to UK and US servers tomorrow. Throttled of course but it will be there.

ajmitch
Former Member
Message 987 of 1,143

Looks like it's already here.  The computer has been in use by my wife and grandaughter during the day, but I've just got in from work and logged on, checked my McAfee status and it shows SC is now build 10.5.194

VS has gone up to 14.5.113 and Firewall 11.5.131 all with today's date.

The two files that we beta tested, in the MPF directory, are still the same date and size as the ones that you sent out in the zip file.

Peacekeeper
Message 988 of 1,143

No those are not the build should be 195 for Sc and 135 for firewall

ajmitch
Former Member
Message 989 of 1,143

OK, it's just done another update, but still the same numbers.  Just VS updated.

Does this mean that I will need to uninstall my current installation and download the whole package again?

Peacekeeper
Message 990 of 1,143

No it will come as I said it is very throttled as Mcafee cannot have every1 updating a rather larger than normal patch. US only online today so early days besides you have the fix anyway so no rush.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community