cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
celtkub
Former Member
Message 811 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

Thanks Peacekeeper.  My version is 10.0.580. And you are correct.  It was wishful thinking on my part that maybe the fix was released because when I went to shut down the PC last night the error popped up.  I'll go back to terminating the McSvHost.exe prior to shut down --which works for me-- at least until you notify us that McAfee has completed its beta testing and is ready to release the fix.

davideo0
Former Member
Message 812 of 1,143

Likewise here, Peacemaker.

Shut down the computer today and - the old error message is back!

Peacekeeper
Message 813 of 1,143

Gees why does every1 call me Peacemaker.....

Thought it would return sorry

cburrows
Former Member
Message 814 of 1,143

I don't understand why everyone seems to have a different version update.  Like "Davideo0" I have build 10.5.178 and have not had the error since receiving this update.  I expect it will return like it did with Davideo0 but it seems to me that something has changed to allow me not to have it for at least the last 10 shutdowns.  Prior to this I would get the error about every 2 or 3 times when I shut my computer down.  Maybe someone can explain why everyone does not have the latest update (Build 10.5.178).

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 815 of 1,143

I can answer that for you. When a new update becomes available, it isn't just pushed out to all 30+ million customers at once. It generally goes in sections based on region and number of users. As I understand it, this is mostly to ensure that there is more than enough bandwidth available so that updates download successfully to each individual.

Peacekeeper
Message 816 of 1,143

As well the region downloads are throttled ie 1 in 100 get it when they update then after a while this throttling is reduced till finally every1 gets it. This reduces the load on the server

cburrows
Former Member
Message 817 of 1,143

Thanks to Somer Pyron and Peacekeeper for answering my question about the update releases.  Now if one of you could only get the fix for the McSvHost.exe error pushed through we can finally close this forum down and I am sure everyone would like that.  Once again I have to say, since receiving the 10.5.178 update I have not experienced the problem after previously getting the error every 2 or 3 times when shutting my computer down.  This forum has been pretty quite lately, I am wondering if it is because others are experiencing what has happened to me since receiving the 10.5.178 build.

signon2
Contributor
Message 818 of 1,143

Hi ,

newbie here.

Ref: 0x6280436A error code..

have McAfee Internet security 2009

my build number is version 10.5.193 and running windows xp mce

fully up todate with MS... no printer or scanner and i'm getting the above error code too.

drewb
Former Member
Message 819 of 1,143

Two days to go until another broken promise from Mcafee.

Despite a ridculous timeline for introducing a fix, it look like their customers will be let down again.

Drewb

Peacekeeper
Message 820 of 1,143

The issue is now number 1 priority with the bug people.There seems to be several issues causing it some are fixed but unfortunately it has blown out of my promised time line. That is what happens when I put my neck out....

I have another timeline but will not mention it as they are still on the job chasing causes. Putting neck on block

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 29/06/10 6:45:29 AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community