cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 791 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

I expect the fix will arrive in beta for we beta testers to check out in about a week or 10 days.

georgieb
Former Member
Message 792 of 1,143

Update appreciated. Thanks. GB.

Peacekeeper
Message 793 of 1,143

Fingers crossed That comment was worked out on the end of june release and they/we need a week to test it.

So please do not hold me to it

davideo0
Former Member
Message 794 of 1,143

The Fix !

I downloaded the latest automatic updated version of McAfee Internet security last night.

On closing down, there was for the first time for weeks NO ERROR MESSAGE!

I hope that is it.

Message was edited by: davideo0 on 6/19/10 1:41:42 AM CDT
cburrows
Former Member
Message 795 of 1,143

Could it be?  Is it possible?  Did we finally get it?  After the latest update from McAfee late last night and shutting my computer down for the third time, I have not got the dreaded McSvHost error.  Thanks McAfee for letting us all know that you were sending the fix (I hope)! 

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the latest update was actually the fix and not just some coincidence that I am not getting the error. 

I still won't be renewing with you when my subscription expires in October.

georgieb
Former Member
Message 796 of 1,143

I think not (but don't despair) ! Based on Peacekeeper's last response of June 15th, a "fix" was expected for "testing" within a week or so; can't imagine they would have pushed it out "without" testing, based on what's happened to-date. This "error" disappears "sporadically (as has been experienced by many contributors to this post, including myself). I'm only responding to your post so you aren't "surprised, disappointed, really " !###&&&$$$@@@ off "   when it returns (if only temporarily, we hope - end-June target resolution). GB

Mullie
Former Member
Message 797 of 1,143

just a by line has anybody received compensation for the original crash  yet ?

Peacekeeper
Message 798 of 1,143

Nothing my end My xp test box only gets teh popup 3 times in 33 boots so far. I keep a count.

If they follow testing rules I would expect the fix to be beta tested next week but that is my idea not mcafee's statement. Will recheck in our call monday

Peacekeeper
Message 799 of 1,143

If you mean the 5958 dat issue someone posted that they got 2 years added to their subscription. i hear the cash part is slower as it needs to be manually vetted but it is coming.

daydreamer
Contributor
Message 800 of 1,143

Just checked my account and 2 years extension has been added for the dat error.

Thank you Somer

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community