cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kumar_B
Former Member
Message 751 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

pls do read the post number 796 (by joe user )and 798 (by peace keeper) for this same issue . This may help u to get ur issue resolved .

stuk-dog
Former Member
Message 752 of 1,143

I have been following this thread since the error was first reported on Feb 16 and I have not commented before, but I feel compelled to make a few comments and let the people on this forum know some information: I currently work at Intel Corp and after the .dat file virus/corruption that shutdown Intel Corp worldwide, the IT department at Intel was telling me that they are having talks on whether to continue using McAfee or not. Second, I just was talking to Dell Tech Support after I needed some drivers installed, and Dell Tech Support is no longer pushing McAfee to be installed on Dell computers, they are recommending Norton 360. My father had McAfee and has been told now by several computer repair people to use AVG. I have been a user of McAfee for years, but after finding all of this out, I will not be renewing my subscription once it expires. The bottom line is, no matter what comments are made, is that this McSVHost error was reported on Feb 16 on this forum and it is currently May 23rd with no fix. +3 mos and no fix as of yet. This is not the service I wish to be paying for! For everybody out there that works in a customer related field, what would happen if your company did not provide a solution to the customer for 3 mos???? Just my 2 cents worth.

Peacekeeper
Message 753 of 1,143

I do not think it is gone we and some Techs are trying to get it released earlier than mid June but to date we have been not successful. I feel it will return on yours sorry. Mine occurs 1 shutdown in 20.

edufrnslv
Former Member
Message 754 of 1,143

Dear Moderator, How to search for this specific post number you are recommending me to take at look...? Not sure if I was NOT able to find a advanced search by "post number" ....?  Thks in advance.

gwayles1
Former Member
Message 755 of 1,143

Just a cautionary tale here:  I had the same problems with McAfee until I uninstalled it. It did, and does infuriate me. When I uninstalled it, I switched to AVG. AVG experienced worse problems than McAfee ever did (I am sorry to have to admit this). Their techs gave me long-winded activities to perform in order to send them logs, etc., by email. Finally a technician accessed my system remotely and after an hour or more of tinkering supposedly fixed the problem. But he added another layer of trouble:  he configured my computer so that the wireless user in the h ouse could not get online unless I was offline. I finally gave up on their "so-called" technical help and uninstalled the disastrous product and asked for a refund. I notice that they play loose and free with their disastrous technical help, but are thoroughly unwilling to respond to requests for refunds. So now I have Kaspersky. It is working great so far. No McAfee, no AVG and no Norton (been there done that and won't revisit that resource hog product). Yes, McAfee's lack of response is horrendous, intolerable. But compared to AVG, McAfee worked like a dream - and as we all know, McAfee is closer to a nightmare. If Kaspersky continues well, I will be thrilled beyond description. All I can say is, be careful what you wish for.

Message was edited by: gwayles1 on 5/23/10 5:51:53 PM CDT
Fabio
Former Member
Message 756 of 1,143

I speak in my language (translate by Google):

"Scusa PeaceKeeper, ma sono stufo di dover terminare  ogni volta il file McSvhost.exe version 1.0.180.0 dal task manager per evitare l'errore che è ALWAYS presente!

Spero che i server ITALIANI siano aggiornati per poter scaricare il fix il prossimo June 2010!!

Mcafee è per me una società poco seria verso i suoi clienti soprattutto stranieri e in particolar modo italiani!"

Peacekeeper
Message 757 of 1,143

Stiamo  cercando di ottenere una correzione in precedenza, ma a metà giugno a  fine Giugno sembra essere il momento in cui piano di caricare la  correzione.

In English

We are trying to get an earlier fix but June mid to late june seems to be the time they plan to load the fix.

MagicLight
Contributor
Message 758 of 1,143

No, the desktop icon.  I keep deleting it, and then it keeps coming back.

MagicLight
Contributor
Message 759 of 1,143

It did for my Vista system, but not for the XP systems.

MagicLight
Contributor
Message 760 of 1,143

YES! Totaly agree.  No more Mcafee for me!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community