Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 441 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

Hi Peacekeeper

Regarding my post 500. i thought it may have gone but alas it is back. 4Days with not seeing the error but it came back today.

I totally give up now.

Just please announce when a fix has been done, thats all I wont to hear now nothing else but just that. I am going to uninstall this crap programme and dl AVG least thats is free and gives me no problems on my laptop

Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 442 of 1,143

WOW

I have a Softwared Update and have to restart the computer. Is the one we are looking for to resolve the shutdown error.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 443 of 1,143

I think it was to fix a network communication error that's all.

Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 444 of 1,143

It says Softward Upgrade to the latest version

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 445 of 1,143

It always says that when it asks for a restart.

Mezzy
Contributor
Message 446 of 1,143

As regards to Ex_Brit's comment on previous page:

"just ignore the error"

WHY SHOULD WE ALL "IGNORE" THE ERROR???????

We purchased Mcafee in good faith - and purchased this hoping it will work as it should, NOT near enough. We should not be getting any errors... we didnt buy "Mcafee Internet Security 2010 Complete with errors"

We purchased "Mcafee Internet Security 2010"

Mez

on 27/04/10 17:27:18 IST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 447 of 1,143

It was merely a suggestion, not meant as a solution.

jboman
Former Member
Message 448 of 1,143

Peacekeeper,

I'm still receiving the error message on shutdown.

I have been having this problem since my Mcafee Total Protection was totally updated from 2009 version  to 2010 version.

I'm running Microsoft XP home edition SP3.

2 GB of Ram

CPU: 2.5 GHz AMD Athlon

My Mcafee is up-to-date with the most recent security updates.

I even checked for updates on this date (04-27-10) and had updates downloaded and installed successfully.

To complete the installation I had to restart.  I clicked on the option to restart automatically.

Computer re-started back up, loaded desktop icons...etc with no problem.

I attempted to shutdown after 3 1/2 hours of computer use (internet, application...etc) to verify if still receiving shutdown error.

Unfornuately, still receiving message on shutdown.

So far I an not having any issues while using my computer, applications, printing, internet surfing...etc.

Question?

Has the engineers at Mcafee pinpointed what is causing the problem?

Will there be an automatic update to correct this problem in the near future?

I read from other posts about a beta copy which was causing some users to have issues after installation.

I don't want to download and install this beta copy to my computer and then start having issues.

TEAMSAINT
Former Member
Message 449 of 1,143

I had no issues for 3 days, then last night I received the shutdown error. Slightly different this time, didn't have time to take a picture of it. Said something like a runtime error with mcsvhost.

I have winxp, sp2, ie6. Everything was fine with 2009 version. This shut down stuff only happened after 2010 update. I have 2 different computers and shutdown error happens to both at different times. I can't figure it out.

I guess most of us are just bummed that everything was fine with 2009, and now we are receiving errors with 2010.

I noticed that I had a restart update and several other updates in the last few days, and I noticed that my computer was reacting slower with respect to pull down menus.

Just keeping you informed.

gwayles1
Former Member
Message 450 of 1,143

Ex_Brit,

Why should I be running Adobe 9? People should not HAVE TO upgrade to more expensive versions just because they go through an update on an OS from XP/SP2 to SP3. Upgrading from Adobe 7.0 to Adobe 9.0 is expensive. Likewise upgrading Photoshop. Likewise upgrading CorelDraw. Likewise Illustrator. And Dreamweaver. Shall I go on? And because Adobe 8 and higher is just junk and bloatware. Like I said, it is a conspiracy by software manufacturers to force people to constantly buy new software they do not need. On the other hand, if you want to send me the extra cash to buy all the latest and greatest software that I use, I'll be happy to purchase it. None of which really matters, as I have no intention of upgrading to SP3 AND I have no intention of ever purchasing McAFee again, so no problems here anymore.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community