Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 411 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

ajmitch wrote:

Peacekeeper,

OK, so what's the link to download the beta?

See:  http://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1236

creature_of_hel
Former Member
Message 412 of 1,143

Hi Nisa51,

I'm waiting your next post, so I will comment.

Have good luck!

Regards

Message was edited by: creature_of_hell on 4/25/10 4:46:21 PM CDT
Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 413 of 1,143

Hi Creature

Well I have now gone 3 days without seeing the error message, has this cleared? This is now the 4th day see what happens again.

PCFriend
Former Member
Message 414 of 1,143

Hi

It appears they ae not going to fix this anytime soon.Bad for Mcafee's brand image.Have a look at the chat I had & see what else can be done for them to fix this issue.

Thank you for contacting McAfee Consumer Support. How can I help you?

Eldo (04:58:13):
Hi Ramanath, this is Eldo from McAfee Technical Support and I would be assisting you today.

Customer (04:59:51):
Ok.My complaint of Mcsvhost.exe is still pending to be solved from early march2010.Your Davis\Bala took lots logs etc & pushed it to tier2.5 & iam still having the same problem??what is happening?

Eldo (05:00:16):
Not to worry, we will leverage all our resources to resolve this issue because your concern is our concern.

Customer (05:01:09):
you can read more details here of how many customers are facing this issue & what all has been done but still no solution yet http://community.mcafee.com/thread/21993

Eldo (05:02:01):
Ramanath, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Eldo (05:02:09):
Ramanath, for verification purpose, may I have your home telephone number with area code first?

Customer (05:04:13):
where is the solution??i know you can't solve this as this is an issue to be attended by your programers,but no one is working on it.recently when millions of computers went down because of a false positicve alert in xp due to a wrong dat file updated by mcafee your chairman personally looked into it & gave a temp fix within a day,still many customers are left crippled.Why some thing like that is not done for this issue.?
Customer (05:04:55):
Eldo (05:05:28):
How do you currently connect to the Internet? (Dial-up, DSL, Cable, or Wireless)

Customer (05:07:13):
why are you asking the same basic questions again as it is wasting of time,they have asked these basic questions 100 times,asked for remote log in,taken tons of log files etc.let us not waste time in your normal go by the manual way,it has crossed level 2 support also & went upto leve2.5.

Eldo (05:08:02):
Ramanath, this is for the verification purpose.

Customer (05:08:11):
you can openup the history under my account & read all the things they have done & promised which is not delivered.
Customer (05:08:34):
dsl
Customer (05:08:58):
next qusetion would be what os?it is xp sp2.
Customer (05:09:37):
next question would be did you do a clean install or just update,no,I used your cleanup tool & then installed.

Eldo (05:13:01):
Sorry for the delay, Ramanath

Customer (05:13:28):
it is almost May of 2010 & still your 2010 version is not fully working fine,give us back 2009 take time & release 2011 when things are fixed.
Customer (05:13:43):
2009 worked fine.

Eldo (05:14:46):
Ok Ramanath, do not worry our high level technician will contact you soon and resolve the issue.
Eldo (05:16:23):
You can wait for the callback.
Eldo (05:16:31):
is tehr
Eldo (05:16:38):
Ramanath, is there anything else that I can help you with McAfee products today?

Customer (05:18:22):
I am sorry I have to be harsh as I have waited for long time to get this fixed,just give us back 2009 take your time to fix until next year.High level is Davis not high level nor Bala,then why did the high level tech so far did not call me since march??if mcafee is serious about losing customers this should be taken up by your CEO himself as time for action has passed long back.I need your help to push this case to the top most level for mcafee's own good & get it fixed.Thanks.
Customer (05:19:23):
do you have a number where i can contact your high level tech?

Eldo (05:19:49):
Ok i will escalate the case right now.

Customer (05:19:52):
can I have a case number for this?

Eldo (05:20:53):
the case id is 484570-493984893

Customer (05:21:26):
thanks & bye.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 415 of 1,143

It may seem a chore to repeat onesself but that's how support works, so it's best to humour them.  However, it appears that they escalated the issue to a higher level. One thing I noticed which may or may not be a contributary factor...XP SP2.  You should have installed SP3 a long time ago to remain current.

Support for XP SP2 is ending very soon, July 13, see: http://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1315

Helpful Hints on installing SP3: http://community.mcafee.com/thread/2007

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 26/04/10 10:04:20 EDT AM

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 26/04/10 10:05:46 EDT AM
PCFriend
Former Member
Message 416 of 1,143

Thanks for your suggestion regarding upgrading to xp sp3.I have intentionally kept sp2 which is more stable with other programs I use than sp3.I will install sp3 well withing the support expiry date of support for sp2.I myself is a MS certified tech with 10+ years.However,this issue with Mcsvhost.exe is in no way connected with sp2 or sp3 as it is happening in all versions of xp.The file Mcsvhost.exe was not there in 2009 version it worked fine.The same machine when I rolled back to 2009version using a disc image restore to Feb2010 woked fine until I again got the update of 2010 version & the troubles started.

I have taken this with Chief PR executive - consumer relations who himself had escalated this issue to his programing team during March2010.I know for sure non of the tech support people can solve this as it needs to be attended at the code level by who ever created & worked on this related module of Mcsvhost.exe to which tech support staff have no access.This has not happened & none are proving any solutions till date.They should have allowed atleast the users to revert back to their 2009version till they fix this issue which is also not happening.Infact the tier2.5 etch staff called me & informed me March2010 that they agrred that this issue is to be attended by the developer team & they will escalate this issue to them.They even asked me whether they can close my complaint as it is being attended by developers for which I had told them to keep it as un-resolved until a fix is found.

The only way now is to some how make these developers read through this articles about the real problems many users are still facing which eventually will make them turn their backs on Mcafee if the fix is not provided soon(that too after 3-4months of complaints).

hope a solution is provided fast.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 417 of 1,143

My sympathies with you for the ongoing frustration and I tend to agree that there seems to be an underlying cause for this in the software code itself.  At least one person in this overly long thread appears to have the problem licked, although I haven't been the main contributing moderator here so there maybe more.

Hopefully a fix will come sooner rather than later.

n6wk
Former Member
Message 418 of 1,143

Your experience almost duplicates the problems I had with suppor to the lettert.

That is why I REFUSE to ask McAfee support for any help. They know less then the average guy in my opinion.

Good luck getting yours fixed anytime soon.

jjvanka
Contributor
Message 419 of 1,143

Let me add my sympathies, too, by presenting my (Vista Sp2) problems with McSvHost.exe -- http://community.mcafee.com/message/125217

Just for your information: Mcsvhost.exe (Integrated Security Platform, installed with an update annex new layout Apl 14) repeatedly causes the following event warning: "Process **\MCSVHOST.EXE pid (xxxx) contained unsigned or corrupted code and was blocked from performing a privileged operation with a McAfee driver"

Etc.

Quinion
Contributor
Message 420 of 1,143

This problem is certainly dragging on a bit.  Do Mcafee just not care...?  Why not just give us back the old version until it's sorted...?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community