cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 241 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

That was what I suggested the issue is an annoyance not critical and Mcafee is as said putting time into fixing it. Figured why my kids not getting any issue as they do not connect a printer often though do have xboxes connected which may not be an issue.

rabbit2
Contributor
Message 242 of 1,143

Peacekeeper, Hi,

Good news that McAfee believe thay have identified the problem but not so good in that I provided them with strong evidence of a McAgent issue way back in February from work I had carried out in examining process activity. I sent this info to them via a personal message but maybe it didn't reach the right people. On the other hand, and as I've said before, the problem did not appear to affect functionality, only being something of an anoyance, and so the time to identify and resolve the issue in the grand scheme of things is perhaps not too excessive. However, had it been sorted earlier, the heated comments and loss of good will need not have happened. I'll PM (forward) to you the info I sent to McAfee so that you can decide whether there is any scope for communication improvement and perhaps bring your thinking to their attention. Of course, all this relies on the problem really been solved. Fingers crossed!

Peacekeeper
Message 243 of 1,143

Read and passed on for comment. Thanks for your work I do feel it was checked out and followed up but someone should have maybe contacted you as that would have been nice.

shelley3
Contributor
Message 244 of 1,143

Anxiously awaiting the McSvHost.exe fix!

Thanks all, I hope it happens soon!

Anybody notice that the temporary files are deleted automatically? I usually had some files left before I did a disk cleanup.  Am I missing something in the setup?  IE8 is not set to delete files after closing..

Thanks ,

Shelley

Message was edited by: shelley3 on 4/6/10 2:45:15 AM CDT
Quaffa
Former Member
Message 245 of 1,143

BalaSGS wrote:

Hi Team,

Sorry for the delayed response, we are still working on the Patch for this issue. Fix will be released soon.

This looks like good news. Will the other two issues be addressed by the patch as well though? (Repeated creation of Start Menu shortcut and the non-sticking Home Network customisation.)

Peacekeeper
Message 246 of 1,143

As far As I know yes to Desktop unsure about Network customisation. By this you mean where the other network PCs etc dissappear when they and PC is turned off?

Quaffa
Former Member
Message 247 of 1,143

Peacekeeper wrote:

By this you mean where the other network PCs etc dissappear when they and PC is turned off?

I mean when you apply a name to each network device, it reverts back to it's IP address the next time you re-boot.

Go to Navigation > My Home Network, click on one of the extra devices -other than 'My Computer' and wi-fi Router- and then click on 'Edit Details'. Whatever I re-name my extra devices, they all revert to IP addresses at next boot-up.

See also http://community.mcafee.com/thread/23137?tstart=0

Peacekeeper wrote:

As far As I know yes to Desktop...

No, not Desktop icon, I mean Start Menu shortcut.

I solved the Desktop icon issue by applying the icon removal tool thing, but despite that I am still being forced to have a folder in my Start>Programs Menu called 'McAfee'. Just like the desktop icon, though, even if I delete it it keeps returning.

Message was edited by: Quaffa on 06/04/10 07:34:09 CDT

Message was edited by: Quaffa on 06/04/10 07:35:16 CDT
tmgrl4
Former Member
Message 248 of 1,143

Thanks, rabbit2.

I'll just stick with the error message.

As to McAfee coming on at startup...I waited almost 5 minutes today, but watched the processes during startup and saw the some of .exe McAfee processes were running, so must have engaged McAfee at startup.

As soon as I open OE for my e-mail, then I get the splash screen and the icon pops up on the bottom.

I guess I can assume that McAfee is running as soon as I boot up...in the background. I would feel more comfortable if I saw the splash screen right away as before along with the icon at the bottom, since I have a cable modem on.

Maybe I will get some clarification as we go along. This only happened after Dinesh removed the icon shortcut that would keep reappearing on the desktop after I deleted it, shutdown and started up again.

terri

user_57852
Contributor
Message 249 of 1,143

Hey, rabbit2!

I am tired of my computer making a 'kplunck' windows sound everytime I turn it off or reboot!

They had better fix this problem.

bmazak
Contributor
Message 250 of 1,143

Good news people I think I got the error to stop.  Here's what I did and I must add reluctantly.  First I went into start up "RUN Key" in Hkey Local machine and took the couple of programs that want to run all the time like Groove 2007 and put the spelling back to what it was before. I had changed this because I saw no way of stopping a program I did not use.  Then it was off to the  Windows firewall and made sure all the McAfee and Office 2007 programs had permission to get through. Then it was off to the Services panel under Administration utilities.  I had disabled grove and a couple of other Services that I felt was un necessary.  I put these back to Auto and then started them.  Then I applied all the waiting Microsoft updates by the way included a grove 2007 update.  Then I rebooted.  No error since.  If you need help with the RUN Key stuff I would search Microsoft tech Net for Instructions.  Thanks For all your help and May God Bless The US and McAfee.  Of course McAfee may had changed something also, I don't know about that.  I had auto updates on from them so who knows?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community