Did you mean: 
jjschofield
Former Member
Message 51 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

Slick91,

If you want to remove the icon yourself I found this on this site :-

http://community.mcafee.com/message/112660#112660

It works. Scroll down to the entry by RRIPPER.

Slick91
Former Member
Message 52 of 1,143

Thanks Jason for the link.  I'll probably give it a few weeks and see if McAfee issues a fix.  Otherwise, I'll give that a try.

Slick91
Former Member
Message 53 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown (My Network erasing link)

I’m wondering if anyone who has this problem is also experiencing issues with the My Network erasing custom descriptions. 

See this thread:

http://community.mcafee.com/message/115797#115797

I wonder if when this error happens, it erases the network description changes as well due to the memory write error. 

tonyorob
Former Member
Message 54 of 1,143

I am running XP Home SP3 and version 10 of Total Protection. I have carried out a clean install of McAfee Total Protection but still have the shut down error message as described by others. I have minimum startup items, and do not think these are the problem. I will watch this site hopefully to find the answer. Keep trying McAfee and let us know.

Peacekeeper
Message 55 of 1,143

Will chase them up for you and see if there has been any progress.

Slick91
Former Member
Message 56 of 1,143

I posted this in the other thread mentioned above:

I did some testing and found that when I had the shutdown error happen (see thread above), the next time I logged in My Network devices names and icons were all reset to the default (ie unkown) icons.  As log as I don't get the shutdown error, the customized changes will remain when I turn the computer back on.

Windows XP Home - SP3

AntiVirus Plus - latest edition with updates

Office 2003 (Word, Excel, Outlook used)

cromieboy
Former Member
Message 57 of 1,143

I am also running XP, SP3. As soon as I updated to the 2010 product I started having shutdown problems - serious ones, the Blue Screen kind. I have a 3 PC license and this product isn't doing this on other XP machines. The PC that has a problem is running ESRI ArcGIS (a very expensive program, and locked to this PC, or I would try reproducing this on another PC). Either the hard shutdown or the auto re-install of the McAfee shortcut (which is very annoying) is hosing parts of my ArcGIS program. Bottom line is that I have a business to run and don't have time for you McAfee people not fixing this issue. So I installed Norton 2010 and all is fine. PS: Stop asking stupid questions like what kind of Internet connection does someone have. That's not the problem.

Peacekeeper
Message 58 of 1,143

I have arranged techs to contact those here who are having issues (and still have Mcafee). Problem is several you appear not to be contactable. Please ensure to check your email you used to register (if it is legit) and if not PM me contact details either phone or email latter safer and I will pass them onto Mcafee for you.

This applies to those not contacted yet.

cromieboy
Former Member
Message 59 of 1,143

I received your e-mail so you have my correct contact information. I have no intension of re-installing the current version of McAfee 2010 on this PC – for the reasons stated above. However, if you have a beta release of something you believe should fix my problem then I am willing to try it. Just let me know

Foxy
Former Member
Message 60 of 1,143

I too am experiencing this problem. I have been using McAfee for a number of years now and have never had this problem until I installed 2010 edition of McAfee.  It's very annoying. I hope McAfee comes up with a solution soon. However, sometimes when I shut down my computer the error doesn't appear and all of a sudden there it is.  It's intermitten with me.

Foxy

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community