Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halton
Contributor III
Message 1 of 4

McAffee 32-bit Helper

Jump to solution

I just received an eror message that the McAffee 32-bit helper stopped working.  What does  this mean.

I ran the MVT  and it did not detect any  problems. I also opened the security center and it reported that my system is secure.

Thank  you.

Jerry

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAffee 32-bit Helper

Jump to solution

Could be just a momentary glitch with something being slow to react.  I searched the forums for "McAfee (note 1 " f ") 32-bit helper stopped working" and got a few hits.   It seems where it occurs frequently the only solution is to uninstall the software via Control Panel, then run the MCPR cleanup, reboot and reinstall from the online account.

But if you are seeing normal behaviour since, I wouldn't bother with that unless things deteriorate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Could be just a momentary glitch with something being slow to react.  I searched the forums for "McAfee (note 1 " f ") 32-bit helper stopped working" and got a few hits.   It seems where it occurs frequently the only solution is to uninstall the software via Control Panel, then run the MCPR cleanup, reboot and reinstall from the online account.

But if you are seeing normal behaviour since, I wouldn't bother with that unless things deteriorate.

halton
Contributor III
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

This the first time it's happened. I will continue to monitor.

I would like to wish you and everyone else a happy and healthy Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

Jerry

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Thank you Jerry and all the best to you and yours.  😉

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community