Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slyberg
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

McAffe pups up "Not protected"

Hello all
I have this problem since March 20 with my VirusScan Plus 2009 that i installed in November last year Version 13.3.127
Every time it updates the DAT files, it keeps telling me that i'm not protected.
When i open Security Center, My Computer and E-mial scanner is disable.
at first i click on fix the problem but on another time i waited and it came back by itself after less than 1 minute.
In my event viewer under application, i have error reports for McLogEvent and telling me the following:
a thread from the process C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe took more than 90000 ms to do a request.
Process will stop. thread*ID: 2632 (0xa48)
Adresse thread*: 0x7C91E4F4
After less than 1 minute, it reports as started and running.
I uninstalled, used the removal tool and reinstalled and it keeps doing the same every 2-3 days.
My account is activated and i'm up to date in everything.
My computer is under XP home sp3

I'll be glad to find what is causing this because i have at least 3 other friends with VS 2009 with the same problem since about the same time.
Thanks in advance!
1 Reply
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

RE: McAffe pups up "Not protected"

I guess there may be some kind of malware infection in your computer, can you try to download this Anti-Malware tool and scan the computer for infections.
www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community