cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwp
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

McAfee will not scan and keeps turning off

I have the same problem and updating the software has failed to deal with it.

I will cancel the subscription unless this is solved, it is extremely frustrating.

David

7 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Re: McAfee will not scan and keeps turning off

Moved from a 2 year old thread to your own for better attention.

What is your operating systrem and service pack please and have you had any other symptoms?

How do you connect to the Internet?

Also have you used any registry cleaners lately?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 25/02/12 7:59:39 EST PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 8

I forgot to add that you could try the Virtual Technician.  http://mvt.mcafee.com/ as it might fix things.

dwp
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium, I completely reformatted and reloaded all the software on the system in January as it had contracted a very nasty rootkit virus. I have had this problem ever since.

Thanks,

David

dwp
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

I have already run MVT. This was one of the the first things I attempted.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

Try uninstalling via Control Panel, running the MCPR cleanup tool - has to be freshly loaded each time you use it - see Useful Links at the top of this page.

Reboot and reinstall from your online account.

Your Windows 7 - is it SP1?   You can tell by right-clicking 'Computer' on your desktop or in the Start Menu and selecting Properties.

If it isn't SP1 then it isn't supported anyway so please read here: https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2205

I also asked how you connect to the Internet, dial-up or broadband or .. ?  Is it wired or wireless?

nayan007
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

First uninstall your McAfee first,then clean it with CC cleaner to remove the unused or junk files. Then update your microsoft and then again install your McAfee. Hope now it will work

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

I already recommended MCPR, no need for CCleaner.  Unless you are experienced using it CCleaner can damage your system.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community