cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
irish51
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

McAfee site Advisor greyed out

Hi guys, new client here..have a minor issue .after i installed the program everything was fine.The site advisor was green while monitoring each site! i ran my 1st FULL system scan however and when it got to ..C:\Windows\System32\autochk.exe it froze and scanned no furthur than that.I could not close the program or anything.So I waited ..for 2 hours..beacuse I do not like to unplug the PC ,but ended up having to do just that. So I found the Virtual technician on your website and ran it and it only found 1 problem in the registry which it resolved(fantastic tool) ! Now The McAfee Site advisor is still greyed out for every site and has a (?) in the left corner. I looked in the center and it seems like everything is working properly .My 2 issues are the greyed out site advisor and ,how do I repair the auochk.exe issue??? thanx in advance::
1 Reply
OliverJohnSimps
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

RE: McAfee site Advisor greyed out

Hi,

Can you please try to follow the below mentioned two FAQ's:

1. TS100131
2. TS100135

Please let us know if you were able to resolve your issue.

Regards,
OJ
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community