Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marce
Former Member
Message 11 of 16

Re: McAfee TotalProtection Internet Security 2009--Real-Time Scanning Problem

have got the same problem as chrissi7032

try the method above and get

error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.

My section id: 24781868
thanks

Dinz
Former Member
Message 12 of 16

Hi All,

If you are unable to restart MCshield service or if still the real time scanner stays disabled, please verify that you don’t have any other conflicting security software files and folders in C:/program files and common files.

Download and save the utility from the link below to your desktop:

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/oas-disabled-fix.cmd

Double-click the oas-disabled-fix.cmd tool.

NOTE: Windows Vista and 7 users should right-click oas-disabled-fix.cmd and select Run as Administrator.

If you receive the error StopService: Unable to open service McShield via SCM (5), press  CTRL+C to terminate the process.  You will be prompted to terminate the batch job. Type Y and press ENTER. Run the oas-disabled-fix utility again.

Restart your computer and ensure that McAfee Security Center shows that Real-Time Scanning is enabled.

Regards,
Dinesh K

beagle_luv_r
Former Member
Message 13 of 16

None of the things suggested worked for my computer.

In order to get my computer back to working properly, I had to reinstall McAfee.

It took about 15 minutes, and now my computer works beautifully.

If you are still having this problem, try reinstalling your version of McAfee security.

tonybisto
Former Member
Message 14 of 16

I've have uninstalled Total Protection and now it won't install at all.

I just get an error message saying installation incomplete and run the virtual technician which then cannot find any instances of McAfee products.

I might ask for a refund.

zarate1969
Former Member
Message 15 of 16

I have problems with McAfee in Vista,

Virtual technician can not be install.

I'd contact technical support, and they told me, please check for viruses.

I'd scan for viruses McAfee shows 0, and when I review the history show me last good check was on 02/24/2010,  almost a month.

So I tried to uninstall Total Protection, but with two Mcafee Applications was unable.

Only way to remove them was with msconfig and regedit .

Mohan
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 16

Hi Zarate,

Can you try to run the removal tool for McAfee using the below link and then try to reinstall the Products. If you have upgraded your Operating System or restored your computer back to a earlier date you might find McAfee's files with broken link and will not get removed . This does not happen for McAfee alone , but this is how windows vista and later works. Try running the removal tool and reinstall McAfee. Let us know if you any probem we will defenitiely help you.

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

Regards,

Mohan.B

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community