Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 1 of 24

McAfee SecurityCenter Update Issue

Hi,

I ran into the "McAfee cannot update your software. Please check your Internet connection" problem today, which I've seen listed elsewhere on the forums. Thankfully temporarily disabling Access Protection allows McAfee to update normally but it's not particularly convenient. I thought this problem had been patched months ago and have never experienced it until now. I've also been getting the "infinite spinning blue disk" issue others have mentioned.

Here's the current build info:

McAfee SecurityCenter

Version; 14.0

Build: 14.0.4121

Affld: 105

Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware

Version: 18.0

Build: 18.0.4054

Last Update: 19/10/2015

Engine Version: 2410.0

After the update installed I tried manually checking for updates again to see what would happen, Oddly, it just said "You have the latest updates available", so now I can't tell if the error message was a one-off, part of a larger problem or due to the previous build (2409.0) which has now been fixed.

23 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 24

Re: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Issue

The 'Spinning Wheel Issue' has been fixed in MSC v14.0.5084/5120.

We keep bringing up the 'Update issue' on our weekly calls, and will do so again today.

All the best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 24

Hi catdaddy,

Thanks for the reply. Does this mean the update issue is still unresolved, and that we still have to use the "access protection" work around for the time being?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 24

For the individuals whom experience this issue ( I do not ) I would say for the time being the answer is yes. They are aware of the issue, hopefully a resolution will be forthcoming before long. Thank you for your patience/understanding.

All the very Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
patrelle
Contributor
Message 5 of 24

I have the same version as you (.4121) and have been experiencing the same issues (not updating without temporarily disabling AP and constant spinning wheel).  No idea why it's taking so long to get resolved.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 24

I wish I had a definite date as to when the Fix/Patch will roll out. For we indeed discussed this on our Conference Call today. All we truly know is they are indeed working towards a resolution. Having said this..Hopefully in the near future. Please know we will apprise everyone whom experiences this issue, immediately once it has been resolved..

As for your Version/Build is concerned. Even Colleague Ex_Brit is still on v14.0.4121 on his Windows 7 Sp1 set-up.. We discussed this as well today. All we have been told is it is rolled out. Thank you and Wixey for being so patient and understanding.

Sincerely,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
patrelle
Contributor
Message 7 of 24

Thank you for your follow-up with McAfee.  Hope we hear good news soon.

wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 24

Just wanted to add my McAfee updated to build version 14.0.5120 yesterday. So far I haven't encountered the spinning wheel or update issues yet, but since it's only been one day since the upgrade I can't say for sure what's been fixed. I'll let you know if either of the problems comes back.

patrelle
Contributor
Message 9 of 24

Thanks for the update.  So far, I still have the following for my SecurityCenter:

• Version: 14.0
  • Build: 14.0.4121
  • Affld: 679
  • Language: en-us
  • Last update: 10/9/2015

Please keep us posted and advise if the update/spinning wheel issue is resolved for you.

Thanks.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 24

I'm still stuck at the same version as you patrelle.

We were told that it should be any time now, but no exact dates for anything other than Affid 0 have been forthcoming.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community