cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shridruplo
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

McAfee Safe Connect app won't start

I did a Windows update on May 13, 2021. On May 14, 2021, I started my computer but McAfee Safe Connect app wouldn't started. I had last left Safe Connect set to automatically start when I start my computer. On the screen I could see a box that said "Safe Connect" but the app wouldn't start the VPN. I closed the dialog box and tried to open the app from the start menu, but the VPN still wouldn't start. I tried restarting my computer but still the VPN wouldn't start.

I went into McAfee Live Safe then logged in and checked for the Safe Connect app. The Safe Connect app is listed correctly there as active.

How do I get the McAfee Safe Connect VPN to start?

3 Replies
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee Safe Connect app won't start

Hello @shridruplo 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please try re-installing the program and check if it works fine or not.

- Go to Control Panel
- Uninstall Safe Connect
- Restart the computer
- Install Safe Connect 
- Check if it works or not

Also, check if there are any pending Windows updates. Please ensure its up to date.

Regards,
Madhan M

shridruplo
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

The Safe Connect VPN seems to have "fixed itself." If I set the app to let me manually connect it seems to work alright. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Coleyman52
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Uninstalled Safe Connect, Restarted  computer and reinstalled Safe Connect.  

Restarted computer and Safe Connect still will not start.

Windows 10 was recently installed with updates.  It is up to date.

What now?

Coleyman52

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community