cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
k2nnj1
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

McAfee (Comcast) Will Not Install on Windows 7

I cannot install McAfee IS on Windows 7 x64.  When I run the setup, the program says it cannot find files.

The first one that comes up is mcinsupd,exe.  If I cancel to get out, it only installs parental controls, and security center.  No firewall or anti-virus.

6 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 7

Re: McAfee (Comcast) Will Not Install on Windows 7

1st run the removal tool to start afresh

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507

then before did you have any firewall or virusscanner installed This includes Adware registered version or any other scanner(free). If so run their removal tools if they have them this might be stopping the install.

Then try a reinstall post back result. Comcast have their own mcafee tech support as a reserve option.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 4/01/10 8:00:23 PM
k2nnj1
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

I got it to install after restoring the pc to it's factory condition.

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 7

Ok thanks that is another way. Something in the initial try must have messed things up a bit.

k2nnj1
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

I just purchased an HP Pavilion so it has a recovery partition on the hard drive.

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 7

Yes that would be handy especially when using a new PC.

BTW did you try the suggestions above or just jump to the recovery?

k2nnj1
Former Member
Message 7 of 7

I don't recall if I did or not.  I knew about the removal tool prior to posting, so it's possible that I did.

I am having the problem now where McAfee disables itself, so I may have to use the MCPR tool again.  I'm waiting to see if it disables again.  Virtual Technician did not find any issues.  It hasn't disabled in 2 days, so i'm crossing my fingers.

Thanks for the help

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community