cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cadwallader
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

McAfee 2011 Help Pages Do Not Display Properly?

Jump to solution

Details

• 2011 McAfee Total Protection
  • Windows 7 x 64
  • Recommended Resolution - 1920 x 1080 x 60 Herz
  • Included - Screen Capture Image of Help Page

As the image below demonstrates, the pull-down help pages are barely legible with tiny font size and malformed window.

Please advise.

Thank You

Dennis

McHelp.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 7

Re: McAfee 2011 Help Pages Do Not Display Properly?

Jump to solution

Setting window's display settings to 125% will do this. I actually reported this months back and confirmed teh display setting is the cause. A fix is coming but it will be a while as the easy workaround is to reset the setting to 100%

View solution in original post

6 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Check your browser for font and zoom settings as mine is the same resolution as yours and it displays OK.  If it wont do it then contact Technical Support by phone or online chat, it's free, linked under Useful Links at top of this page.

Capture.JPG

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Setting window's display settings to 125% will do this. I actually reported this months back and confirmed teh display setting is the cause. A fix is coming but it will be a while as the easy workaround is to reset the setting to 100%

cadwallader
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for replying, Ex_Brit but I think you misread my original post. It refers to the "Pull-Down" menu and interface of the McAfee Antivirus Application "Not" the online Web pages. Unless I am mistaken I don't think by browser display settings have anything to do with how the offline "pull-down" interface.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Thanks, I know what you meant and Tony explained it better...they are aware of this problem and I assume it's on someone's 'to-do list'.   If you set page magnification as normal or 100% it will display properly again.

cadwallader
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Ex_Brit

I have posted a message to the Ideas Forum with my suggestions. I truly hope the techies take it into account. I like McAfee Antivirus and first used it back in the days when it was shareware and about the only AV going... mid 80's ? I read soneone else's idea for upgraded UI including fancy splashy buttons etc... yuck! I like the overall no nonsense UI of McAfee and find the goooey gui's of other similar utilities distracting and often confusing. All I suggest is that the techies take into count today's displays and make the UI more readable. A little dressing up the UI would serve the the product well and probably increase sales.

Thank You,

Dennis

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Well as I said they do know that people aren't too happy with it the way it is.    So let's hope they listen and good luck to you... 😉

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community