cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coljesep
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Lost Internet after installation

I purchased Total Security yesterday. I had to wait 3 hours to install it because the mcafee server wasn't allowing me to login.

I installed it on 2 pc's.

One desktop that is hooked directly into my cable modem, and one laptop that connects wirelessly (which I am on now)

The desktop from the MOMENT the installation finished has not been connected to the internet. Nothing I do works. I've pinged the IP just to see, and it is responding just fine. The hardware is installed just fine and nothing has changed since the installation of this product.

I uninstalled Total Security on the desktop hoping it would allow me regain my connection, and of course it did not.

I get a very very light send/receive on the modem. The last time I checked Sent Packets was 202 and Received was 79. However, the wireless connection is just fine.

This is CLEARLY an issue that this product has created on my desktop. I am beyond frustrated right now.

Can anybody help me? Remember I do not have Total Security installed any more

I'm operating on Windows XP. Through the Windows Security Center the Firewall is off right now, but even when it's ON I get nothing.
1 Reply
Jodikg1966
Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lost Internet after installation

I don’t understand what’s going on! First it didn’t like my 29 character code but I used the code in the email. I need a phone number for someone to walk me through this. Yet it seems like it installed. It says it’s an active subscription for 2 years. Several of the actions are working. However, my internet is not so I can’t use my computer! Please help asap. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community