cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaunwarburton
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Load of Crap

This load of crap was preinstalled on my system and now I can NOT uninstall the **bleep**e You are The virus on my Computer, no one else. I can Not remove the reg keys from the installation keeps on saying access denied   it won't even let me change permission to get rid of it. you have no rights to put reg keys on my system that can NOT be removed and I want them removed ASAP?

5 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 6

Re: Load of Crap

Have you tried the MCPR tool here

How to remove McAfee

shaunwarburton
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Yes I have, and that is how I got into this mess in the first place. When it finished it's so-called uninstall it left keys in the reg that CAN-NOT be deleted

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 6

Support can I am sure Though I never worry about dregs that are left but some users do. I have seen manual removal by mods/support staff occurred several times

Call McAfee support

shaunwarburton
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

"I am sure Though I never worry about dregs that are left" You would be if like me can NOT install another antivirus as they all tell me that I have McAfee still on my system, and I must uninstall it before I can install their product. And seeing as I can NOT uninstall this Crap. I am stuck with a computer that is not protected. See my problem now????

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 6

I do know support can remove the keys manually. Sometimes as well rerunning MCPR again can help as well. Agreed I see your point but as I only use Mcafee that is why no issue for me.

Call McAfee support

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community