Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaywohlfeld
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Livesafe Subsciption to New Laptop with Preinstalled

Hello,

I recently purchased an HP Laptop which came with Livesafe pre-installed. I activated it and it was supposed to have 30 days included but expired in 7. That is really not the issue though. What is, is I have a Dell Desktop with a Multi-Device Livesafe Subscription and I want to use that with the HP but I see no way to do that without uninstalling the one on the HP laptop and using the link from the Dell one. I really don't want to be bothered uninstalling and reinstalling and going through everything all over again. Is there a way to just add just the subscription in the new HP laptop without doing all of that? Thanks! Jay

1 Reply
AvinashP
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Livesafe Subsciption to New Laptop with Preinstalled

Hi @Jaywohlfeld,

We understand your concern, We recommend you access the below article and follow the instructions provided below to switch the subscription without uninstalling your McAfee software.
You see an alert that your subscription has expired 

1. Under solution please select, I have recently renewed or purchased a subscription, so the expiry message is incorrect.
2. Click, On my PC. Got to steps 2, Download and run the McAfee software Install Helper tool.
3. Enter your registered email address and password, and then click Login.
4. Choose your appropriate subscription that you would like to continue with.

If you run into any issues please we recommend you to get in touch without support team to assist you better.
McAfee Chat Support 
Toll-free (US) : 8666223911

Thanks,
Avinash.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community