cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadMike7
Former Member
Message 1 of 81

Latest update to Total Protection 2010 eliminates firewall settings and gets a "failure to create IDispatch" after PC scan

Error.jpgFirewall settings.jpg

What's going on, worked just fine before this update.BTW I uninstalled this yesterday, reinstalled and I'm back to the same ole errors  : (

Mike

80 Replies
souravdddd
Former Member
Message 2 of 81

Re: Latest update to Total Protection 2010 eliminates firewall settings and gets a "failure to create IDispatch" after PC scan

error 2.pngerror 1.pngI am having the same problem as stated above..have a 15 month subscription.

firewall settings disappeared and the error message "Failed to create idispatch"

have attached the screenshots..

do something about it quickly mcafee admin.

Message was edited by: souravdddd on 5/31/10 10:10:32 PM CDT

Message was edited by: souravdddd on 5/31/10 10:13:02 PM CDT
mmmoj1
Contributor
Message 3 of 81

Re: Latest update to Total Protection 2010 eliminates firewall settings and gets a "failure to create IDispatch" after PC scan

Same exact issue by me -- firewall and IDispatch.  Please fix this soon.

DiwashG
Former Member
Message 4 of 81

i have this problem to is there any fix going on. i need to scan my laptop.

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 81

Try running the McAfee Virtual technician found at the top of this page under Useful Links. MVT will scan your computer for any McAfee related issues and will attempt to fix any it may find. I would also follow up with Technical Support Chat after MVT runs for further analysis.

DiwashG
Former Member
Message 6 of 81

done that, it was a all clear. i take a screen shot to show you.

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 81

Someone will be emailing 1 or more of you to get some logs off the PC, Mcafee cannot reproduce the issue but is aware of it.Check your spam box in case the email goes there.

BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 8 of 81

Hi Team,

I have sent email to some of you. I request you to reply back to the email with your convenience ASAP

Thanks!!

vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 81

people afffected with this issue could you post the detail of the machine?

Operating System with service pack

Make of the computer ( Dell or Acer etc.... )

mmmoj1
Contributor
Message 10 of 81

I am affected with this issue.

My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium.

It is a Dell Studio XPS 8100 and a 64-bit operating system.

Let me know if you need anything else.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community