cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Korgman
Contributor III
Message 1 of 13

It's been over a month since we scanned...

Jump to solution

Why has McAfee become so buggy over the past year? First WA, then the spinning wheel, now this. I just ran a scan yesterday. This isn't the first time I've seen this after a recent scan. (upon opening security center next time.)

MC.JPG

Are we under new cost cutting management now? Can't afford the IT guys?

I'm just annoyed and frustrated by a product that I've never had issues with before.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Korgman
Contributor III
Message 5 of 13

Re: It's been over a month since we scanned...

Jump to solution

Custom scan seems to be it. Unfortunately, exclusions only work for scheduled scans which I don't prefer. I don't like it kicking in and slowing things down while I'm doing something.

Peace.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 13

Jump to solution

I see that almost daily, it's a reminder to stay safe (and I think, but am not sure, that it only reads scheduled scans), plus a "Manage Security" screen and now & again, a "Product Tour" window, so you're lucky that's the only one you are seeing.

Yes I know those things are irritating.  We Moderators are sick of asking about them.  Apparently the advertising department/product UI design, don't listen to criticism.

The public has the chance to test the products in Beta, but from my recollections, those "splash screens" are added  when the product goes into retail release so we're never given a chance to nip them in the bud before release by using the feedback mechanism.

We do keep on at them though so hopefully one day something will sink in.

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 13

Jump to solution

You said you only scanned yesterday was it a full scan or scheduled or custom?

Korgman
Contributor III
Message 4 of 13

Jump to solution

It was a custom where I uncheck my usb drives (just image & video.) That might explain it. I'll unplug the drives and do a full scan and see what happens. Sorry if I sounded grumpy.

Korgman
Contributor III
Message 5 of 13

Jump to solution

Custom scan seems to be it. Unfortunately, exclusions only work for scheduled scans which I don't prefer. I don't like it kicking in and slowing things down while I'm doing something.

Peace.

Korgman
Contributor III
Message 6 of 13

Jump to solution

On a side note, why is everything marked Correct Answer as soon as it's posted?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 13

Jump to solution

Korgman wrote:

On a side note, why is everything marked Correct Answer as soon as it's posted?

That's not indicating those are all correct answers.  They are buttons to click if that particular one answers the original question.

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 13

Jump to solution

The real time scanning has exclusions but file by file custom has same setup as scheduled

Korgman
Contributor III
Message 9 of 13

Jump to solution

They are buttons to click if that particular one answers the original question.

Oops, I feel silly now. I just don't see that in every thread.

Peacekeeper
Message 10 of 13

Jump to solution

That probably threads where correct already marked. Or the forum software logged you out.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community