cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrhx20x
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Installation Incomplete, please help

So I just bought mcafee virus protection recently, but keep getting this error. Anybody know how to fix it?

why.jpg

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: Installation Incomplete, please help

Moved to SecurityCenter for better support.

The first thing I notice is that your network icon is telling you that there is no Internet connection, you must have one to install the software.

Secondly make sure that there are no similar products already installed, uninstall and use their removal tools accordingly.

Thirdly, make sure you machine is totally up to date with all service packs and security updates and the latest version of Internet Explorer installed, even if you never use it (McAfee does) and in your case I believe that would be IE10 as I think you are using Windows 7.  (If Vista then IE9).

Lastly, if your screen resolution is kept below 1024 X 768 then the latest software isn't compatible.

Uninstall any partially installed McAfee via Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program

Run the MCPR Cleanup Tool and reboot.

Reinstall your software using the online option if offered.

If you have further difficulty I suggest contacting Technical Support, it's free by phone or online chat and avaliable through the link under Useful Links at the top of this page.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community