Message 41 of 44

Re: Inoperative Customer Support Tools

The old FAQ has been updated with the fix as Solution #1:  HERE

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 19/11/12 5:05:04 EST PM
antigravity
Former Member
Message 42 of 44

Blank UI after upgrading from Win. XP 32bit to Win. 7 64bit after IE 9 upgraded the UI went blank

The fix that worked for me a clean install of Win. 7 i.e. insert Win. 7 disk format HDD and reinstall Win. 7 next install McAfee next download install MS updates including IE 9

cirob
Former Member
Message 43 of 44

I've been receiving the same blank screen for awhile. The solution for me was simpler, if still unsatisfying. In IE I just had to go to Tools > Internet Options > Accessibility and select "Ignore font styles specified on webpages." Of course, now all webpages are ugly as sin (Times New Roman isn't winning any screen readability prizes), but I can see the McAfee tools. Fortunately, I don't use IE at all, so it's not a huge loss.

The bigger concern is that McAfee hasn't figured this out yet. As a tech writer, I'm constantly having to install and keep fonts of all sorts (TrueType, OpenType, PostScript), and I can't worry about what will or won't offend IE's delicate sensibilities.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 44 of 44

We Mods have made them well aware that we think the IE-based model should be changed but the developers are a law unto themselves unfortunately and such suggestions take a long time even to be heard let alone implemented.

In the meanwhile the FAQ linked in my signature (2nd line from the last) has various steps to remedy the situation.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community