Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simplyveggie
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Identity Protection

Hi everyone,

My Norton 360 was about to expire (came with my laptop) so I decided to download a free HSBC related download of a years licence for McAfee Security 2010. After I downloaded it I discovered within the McAfee Securiy Centre that Identity Protection was not included and there was a link to subscribe to additional features. As managing my log ins with automatic log in had been my most valued part of Norton I decided to click the link which took me to a McAfee website. I had the option of presumably a complete McAfee Security 2010 or for a little more a product called Total Protection 2010. After I paid for and downloaded this I discovered a totally different control panel with no reference to any Identity Protection features. So I seem to have been enticed to pay for additional features which I have not got or am I missing something.

I contacted Customer Support and they merely pointed me to a telephone number to arrange a refund but the telephone number was registered as not recognised (might be omitting an international code). So as you can see it has been a very frustrating and unhappy migration from Norton to McAfee and I may only be here for a very brief time.

Andrew

2 Replies
simplyveggie
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: Identity Protection

Just stumbled across McAfee Virtual Technician which I downloaded and ran and I got the message "No McAfee products found" !!!!!! My experience is getting more and more frustrating. Can someone PLEASE help. In the absence of any feedback as to whether Total Protection ironically excludes Identity Protection I have requested a refund.

Have now discovered I can manage my log ins independently using a free download called Roboform so will probably revert to the HSBC McAfee Virus Scan Plus and live without online back up.

I have received my refund promptly and have again downloaded my free HSBC version of Virus Scan Plus pro tem whilst I decide whether I can live with it's limitations. If I do upgrade will probably go to F Secure which is offered by my ISP for £24 per annum but not sure which version.

And I now have free online back-up from Mozy

And a free Site Advisor equivalent from AVG

So at the end of the day the solution is a bit messy but free.

Message was edited by: simplyveggie on 21/03/10 21:19:39 GMT

Message was edited by: simplyveggie on 22/03/10 18:52:43 GMT

Message was edited by: simplyveggie on 24/03/10 21:47:47 GMT

Message was edited by: simplyveggie on 25/03/10 23:31:34 GMT
ajacobs
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 3

Re: Identity Protection

Hi simplyveggie,

Sorry for your frustration. I am not a product expert, but I have moved your post into our Home and Home Office area. Hopefully someone can help you soon.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community