cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stepwood
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

I can't open links!

Hi can anyone help me,I'm not very good with computers. Downloaded my McAfee a couple of weeks ago and since then I am unable to click on my links in my emails they simply do nothing unless I press Ctrl at the same time and then they open a new tab.Is there something I need to alter, to go back to it opening up straight away by opening a new window like it did before? To be honest I can live with this, but my really problem is that I am simply unable to add any photos to ebay when trying to sell something.I seem to have tried everything I can think of but nothing happens,again is there something in my settings that I have it alter? Any ideas would be very greatfully recieved, I am keeping my fingers crossed that somebody out there can help me. Many many thanks Stepwood

Labels (1)
5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: I can't open links!

To help you with that question we need to know your operating system and service pack, what browser and version you are using and what email client and version you use.

stepwood
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thank you, my system is windows xp,and my service provider is orange and my email is orange.is this enough infomation?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

I hope that is XP SP3 or else your system is insecure.  What browser (Internet Explorer 6, 7 or 8 or Firefox?) and version and what email client (Outlook, Outlook Express etc) and version?  That info is available by opening those applications and going to Help/About and whether or not you have SP3 can usually be determined by right-clicking My Computer and selecting Properties and reading it from that.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 07/02/10 9:07:05 EST AM
stepwood
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Hi there,Thank you for getting back to me,yes my computer is xp service pack 3 version 2002 ,my browser is internet explorer 8 version ( I think this is right) 20090308.140743 and my e mail should be outlook express 6 but I never use it as it has never been set up right.So i always use orange web mail microsoft provided by orange uk.Is this any help to you? many thanks Stepwood

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

This is strange and would appear to me to be more of a browser issue than anything else.

Try going to Internet Explorer Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click the Reset button, Apply and OK it.

Close and reopen IE and go to Tools/Manage Add-ons and re-enable add-ons one by one checking each time of these mail hyperlinks work.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community