cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
runoades
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

How can i activate Artemis?

Hello. My fathers have got McAfee Total Protection 2009 but i couldnt activate artemis technology :confused:

I tried this site and test sample http://us.mcafee.com/en-us/landingpages/activeprotection.asp

But didnt work. Can you help me please?

Best regards.
runoades
6 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

RE: How can i activate Artemis?

Artemis is included & already activated in Security Center 9.3 so it depends on which version your father has. You can check that by double-clicking the taskbar icon and then clicking "About" at the bottom right-hand corner of the Security Center window.

In versions prior to 9.3 or SC 8 it can be downloaded from that link but once installed it doesn't notify you in any way, unless it detects a generic infection.
runoades
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Thanx for answer @Ex_Brit.

I checked. How can i upgrade to version 9.3?

Now
Version:9.0
Build: 9.0.295
Riddlez
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

The update to 9.3 will be pushed. I´m surprised you don´t have it yet. Do you have an account directly with McAfee ?

Aside from waiting, what would probably work is uninstalling and subsequently reinstalling. Don't forget to use the MCPR tool and the relevant instructions. I don't think there is another way.

If you want to verify if you currently have Artemis, doubleclick on the SecurityCenter, advanced menu, configure, select computer and files, click on the advanced tab of
(anti)virus protection, check if there is something like 'active protection' in the left pane. If it's there, and if it's enabled, you have 'Artemis'.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7

Yes uninstall, use the cleanup tool in my signature (MCPR), reboot and then reinstall from your online account not from any CD that you may have.,

If your ISP is Comcast or AOL and a handful of others and they provide McAfee you are doomed for now as they haven't released 9.3 yet for some unknown reason.

If you want to verify if you currently have Artemis, doubleclick on the SecurityCenter, advanced menu, configure, select computer and files, click on the advanced tab of
(anti)virus protection, check if there is something like 'active protection' in the left pane. If it's there, and if it's enabled, you have 'Artemis'.

That only works with SC9.3. If Artemis is installed from that download link on an earlier version it wont show up in Security Center at all.
runoades
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Yeah super. I uninstalled and downloaded again from Mcafee login server.

My father's have artemis technology now grin

Ex_Brit and Riddlez. Thank you very much for your helps.

Final. I congratz to McAfee team for best results(ADVANCED +) from AvComperatives.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/comparativesreviews/main-tests/144

http://i41.tinypic.com/4roqdi.png
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

You're welcome and thank you.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community