cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fallguy
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

How 2 Renew Bought 2nd Box Total Protection 2009

Currently running on total protection 2009 (3-user) and all is well. Subscription expires approx in May.

I have purchased a second new box of 2009 Total Protection (3-user) so I can keep my subscription going when it comes time. Satisified with 2009 and I got the second new box at a good price.

(1.) Should I wait until expiraton to install the second new box.

(2.) Will I loose out on the 5 months I still have left if I install my second new box now, would like to install now and effectivley have 17 months left.

(3.) When time and I install new box #2 is there a simple way (just tell Mcafee my new code off the CD sleeve, or possibly Mcafee will ask me for a new code when first box expires). Do I have to remove the old first and install the second box from scratch or can I just install over the top without uninstall first.

Hope this makes sence and somebody has already been down this road.

Regards

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: How 2 Renew Bought 2nd Box Total Protection 2009

You wasted your money, get a refund on the second one at least.  The 2010 product is being released as we speak.   You wont get any longer subscription doing it the way you are planning as far as I know.

Sales questions are best answered by Customer Service in any case.

You can phone them for free: http://service.mcafee.com/CustomerService.aspx?lc=1033&sg=CS&pt=1

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 24/12/09 6:37:56 EST AM
fallguy
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the quick responce.

So if i wait for my 2009 total protection to expire (installed off of retail cd) then try to install my second 2009 total protection (retail cd) that has never been registered and paid for they wont allow this?

If so I think they need to put a big warning on the boxes at Kmart Walmart etc.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

The ultimate authority on that question is Customer Service but I have a feeling that the subscription will just continue as it was before.   McAfee products all have a 30-day money-back guarantee and Walmart should honour that, I would hope.

fallguy
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Anyone been down this road?

Online chat thinks it will be possible. Cant remember and dont have my original CD sleeve does a key code come with new boxed retail cd's?

Should I just attemtp install over the top of existing one or remove first?

Regards

See attachment of online chat.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 24/12/09 5:38:55 EST PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

I amended your chat log to exclude your phone number from the public domain.  He's saying to take back your second one for a refund and starting over in June, or so I read it.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community