cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SierraX
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Has Verify Subscription Been Solved

If anyone out there has had the Verify Subscription problem solved, please post it on the forum so the rest of us will have some hope. I, like so many others, have had the dreaded pop-up Computer Not Protected message for several months. I have allowed the McAfee supervisory techs to access my computer for 2 full days earlier in September (I really don't have time for this), McAfee has been uninstalled and reinstalled more times than I count, techs have walked me through numerous steps and solutions (ha) and each time I have been assured that the problem is solved (it's not). Now whenever McAfee calls me, they want to tie up my computer for hours again. They only want to close the matter so I'll go away. They claim they have a solution but when I push for details, I get stuttering and vague tech talk.

I've asked them repeatedly if any McAfee customer has had this issue resolved. They claim they have a solution but I asked why I haven't seen anything on the forum about the problem being solved (more stuttering in reply). I have my doubts that they found a solution.

Sooooo, if anyone has had any success and they are no longer getting the pop-up window regarding the Computer Not Protected, pleeezzze let me know. happy
Labels (1)
16 Replies
bostonrugby
Former Member
Message 2 of 17

my solution

is I will strongly another product in the near term and forget about McAfee for the machine I have issues with,

I run this product on 3 machines 2 x XP 1 by Vista the vista machine is the issue.
sad
SierraX
Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Hmmmm

I'm using Windows XP. I have had McAfee for three years. Hubby's computer is a Windows Vista and he's not having any problems. I didn't have any problems until about 3 months ago.
user_99394
Former Member
Message 4 of 17

Try these

I think this should resolve the issue. 🙂

1. Make sure the computer’s time & date settings are correct

2. Check whether you are able to ping with download.mcafee.com

3. Run NoNav,

4. restart the computer

5. updates windows including optional, Select CUSTOM

6. Restart the computer

7. Ran MalwareBytes Antimalware to check infections on the computer.

8. uninstall Malware Bytes.

9. Delete folder MSC .... C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\MSC

10. RUN MVT.
ozpvic
Former Member
Message 5 of 17

same problem

Mine says to verify my backup and restore subscription.my subscription expires in january 2010. I press the button to verify my subscription and i get the green check mark that says my subscription is verifyed but the unprotected notice doesn't go away
SierraX
Contributor
Message 6 of 17

RE: same problem

Already did the steps you suggested with McAfee techs, except steps 9 and 10. One tech just called me in the last hour (after I fussed for calling me at 10:00 pm Saturday night when I told him to call between 10am and 4pm) - he had me delete the file entitled McSubDB.bak under the C drive, Applications, McAfee, MCE, Cache and restart the computer (again). We'll see. I've had the McAfee techs tell me each time they help me that "this will solve it".

I'll let you know later this month if the problem is truly resolved.
SierraX
Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Tech wrong again

Well, it's 4:46 pm Eastern Time and I just received the dreaded pop-up window that my computer is not protected (had to verify subscription).

Why am I not surprised. Just because the McAfee tech who called assuring me that deleting the latest backup file would solve the problem and he guarateed there would be no more problems. Guaranteed? Yeah, right!
ozpvic
Former Member
Message 8 of 17

verify subscription

If anyone out there has had the Verify Subscription problem solved, please post it on the forum so the rest of us will have some hope. I, like so many others, have had the dreaded pop-up Computer Not Protected message for several months. I have allowed the McAfee supervisory techs to access my computer for 2 full days earlier in September (I really don't have time for this), McAfee has been uninstalled and reinstalled more times than I count, techs have walked me through numerous steps and solutions (ha) and each time I have been assured that the problem is solved (it's not). Now whenever McAfee calls me, they want to tie up my computer for hours again. They only want to close the matter so I'll go away. They claim they have a solution but when I push for details, I get stuttering and vague tech talk.

I've asked them repeatedly if any McAfee customer has had this issue resolved. They claim they have a solution but I asked why I haven't seen anything on the forum about the problem being solved (more stuttering in reply). I have my doubts that they found a solution.

we are all waiting for the solution
SierraX
Contributor
Message 9 of 17

RE: verify subscription

I finally told the techs to quit calling me at the house. Every "fix" they have done does not solve the problem. I sure would like to earn a paycheck at a job where I could promise a customer the problem was solved when it wasn't. :mad:
If I didn't know better, I would think I was talking with politicians!
gary449
Former Member
Message 10 of 17

RE: verify subscription

I started having the same problem a few weeks ago (i.e. pop-up says computer not protected...need to verify subscription). After clicking on "verify subscription", McAfee says everything is now OK. I have to go through the same process every time McAfee automatically checks for new updates. Glad I read this thread so I won't waste my time calling McAfee tech support. I won't buy McAfee again.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community