cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 201 of 263

Re: Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognised versions. To maintain system stability Windows must restore the original versions of these files.

Jump to solution

It's difficult to say as so many factors are involved.  We rarely know of any progress made until you do.   Dinz and steerpike_ca who were posting earlier will no doubt be back here soon.

enmerkar
Former Member
Message 202 of 263

Re: Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognised versions. To maintain system stability Windows must restore the original versions of these files.

Jump to solution

In other words there's no hope for this problem being fixed.

Peacekeeper
Message 203 of 263

Jump to solution

With steerpike_ca involved it will be sorted out he is our T3 tech and is in contact with the investigator who is looking into this issue. Dinz is working with some here to provide more information to that person. So we are in limbo for the time being and we will get an update in tomorrow's call. My sp3 only gets  event viewer errors no popups of issues with the OS booting. Peter's SP3 comment was only an aside that more secure with it and 2012 version may not support it.

enmerkar
Former Member
Message 204 of 263

Jump to solution

Has it not been made clear that this problem has paralyzed safe and normal use of McAfee security centre?

We are not to risk our systems by re-enabling scanning and updates while we have no word from McAfee about the matter.

Why has McAfee not issued a press release or any kind of official correspondence to its customers about this issue.

enmerkar
Former Member
Message 205 of 263

Jump to solution

This thread will be 200 pages long and there still will not be a fix.

enmerkar
Former Member
Message 206 of 263

Jump to solution

There is a thread about another problem on this forum which was started in February 2010, has over 200,000 views, and has still not been resolved.

That tells us everything we need to know.

rasher
Contributor
Message 207 of 263

Jump to solution

Since yesterdays update I have shut down and cold started and windows protection hasn't popped up. I am able to open Security Centre and McAfee appears to be working normally. I have taken no other action, still on SP2, haven't reinstalled etc. Its early days and I'll post again with an update on how things have. I'd like to point out I haven't installed any new software since the problem started except for McAfee updates and no Windows updates either until last night when coincidentally I did receive Windows updates and installed them (after the McAfee updates) so that may have clouded the issue.

Peacekeeper
Message 208 of 263

Jump to solution

There is a thread about another problem on this forum which was started in February 2010, has over 200,000 views, and has still not been resolved.

That tells us everything we need to know.

Post a link thanks interested in seeing which 1 you are referring to.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 19/09/11 8:14:14 PM

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 20/09/11 6:53:36 AM
blarty-fargo
Former Member
Message 209 of 263

Jump to solution

Ok - he must be up the pub drowning his McAfee sorrows - so I will step up to the plate.

Actually, he was wrong - the thread has over 210,00 views.

I am surprised you are not aware of it as it sticks out like a boil on a backside.

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/21946?tstart=0

This problem will never be solved (I mean the one in this thread - actually, I mean the other one too)

Message was edited by: blarty-fargo on 19/09/11 21:46:16 IST

Message was edited by: blarty-fargo on 19/09/11 21:49:11 IST
Peacekeeper
Message 210 of 263

Jump to solution

Ah ok that 1 can be caused by many things there is a doc /faq out that goes through what to try. Sometimes upgrading Mcafee over the top of an older installation caused a corruption and an uninstall reinstall fixes it. I have seen this fix it as some of the other suggestions. This thread seems to be a magnet for all real time scanning issues but I see your point. The thread is not shown as answered as the Original Poster  dissapeared.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community