cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 151 of 263

Re: Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognised versions. To maintain system stability Windows must restore the original versions of these files.

Jump to solution

Well it will not be ingored if I can help it but not having current users with the issue would be a big negative. I did a big stirring the pot this week will see if that gets any action .

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 10/09/11 4:43:25 PM
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 152 of 263

Re: Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognised versions. To maintain system stability Windows must restore the original versions of these files.

Jump to solution

Tony has managed to get this brought to the attention of some very high-level McAfee people, the sort who can make things happen when they understand the seriousness of the situation. I hope that things will now begin to move a little faster. There wasn't a conference call last Monday because in the US and Canada it was Labor Day, but this is going to be raised (again) in the call on Monday and I've asked whether there is any news of progress on resolving the issue. When this does get resolved I reckon Tony will deserve either a medal or a vacation, or possibly both.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 10/09/11 06:16:32 IST
Peacekeeper
Message 153 of 263

Jump to solution

How does a volunteer get a vacation. macfee pay for it no way...probably will be shot at dawn...

yippeekaiyay
Former Member
Message 154 of 263

Jump to solution

I wasn't criticizing the mods. Just expressing concern that I don't want McAfee to lower the issue's priority because members with the issue are leaving one after another. I think the mods have done nearly all they can and we thank each of you for it. I haven't had time to keep up with the thread lately, so to see the active participants start to leave, it's worrisome given the lack of progress over the past three months... a quarter of one's subscription.

supergeek
Former Member
Message 155 of 263

Jump to solution

I won't go anywhere if I start to see signs that McAfee really is putting forth their best effort to fix this. Otherwise, why should anyone want to be their client?

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 156 of 263

Jump to solution

"regsvr32 initpki.dll"

I got this suggested WFP fix from Microsoft but I don't know if it's going to work. It seems to be intended to reset registry settings for sfc.dll and sfc_os.dll to their defaults if they've been altered by malware, specifically by something that Microsoft refers to as VX2.

If anyone with the WFP problem would care to give it a try and let us know if it helps (or not) that would be useful.

Somewhere in the depths of Microsoft HQ is some feedback I gave them about this and the 64008 problem. Perhaps someone there will see it and investigate, but I wouldn't count on it. Microsoft don't really want to know about XP problems any more.

dougr_t3_suppor
Former Member
Message 157 of 263

Jump to solution

Mods,

Can we continue to get the webmer and have them sent to us? We've had a bug open and it would help to have as many Mer results as possible. We should also collect the registered email address.

Thanks,

Peacekeeper
Message 158 of 263

Jump to solution

So any1 who hasn't already run a mer log for this issue or has and wants to re run it download mer tool here

http://mer.mcafee.com

Went you run it choose comsumer falcon as the run option and do NOT upload the results but save them to a file and Private message me and I will pass on my email address so you can email the tgz file to me.

blarty-fargo
Former Member
Message 159 of 263

Jump to solution

Hi all

I posted a response to Hayton's suggestion to run "regsvr32 initpki.dll"

Guess what - my post was removed (by Hayton, I guess).

So it appears that only certain posts and posters are allowed in these forums - if you say something McAfee does not like, your post will be deleted.

What a hopeless setup from top to bottom.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 160 of 263

Jump to solution

It was removed by me as it wasn't helpful.  I thought you said earlier on that you no longer used McAfee products?  So why don't you leave the thread to those who do?  If you still do then I apologise for my wrong assumption.

If you don't agree with something a Moderator says then at least state it in terms that are understandable - i.e. reasons why etc. and not as a general rant.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 10/09/11 6:02:08 EDT PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community