cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NowWhat
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Difference of Total Protection 2009 & Internet Security 2009?

Wasn't sure where to post my question, but from the McAfee site, it appears that the Total Protection '09 has the same features as the Internet Security Suite? Did I overlook something?

If I choose to renew/upgrade as my current subscription is coming due, is it best to remove my current McAfee product prior to installing/renewing to the '09 version of either Total Protection or Security Suite?
3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

RE: Difference of Total Protection 2009 & Internet Security 2009?

Total Protection has SiteAdvisor Plus added on.

Here are some comparisons

1 = Chart
2 = Internet Security Suite features
3 = Total Protection features
NowWhat
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the quick response Ex Brit! So other than the Site Advisor and having the ability to clicking on links in e-mails from friends, they are the same in protection?

Another question, as I get a pop-up message from McAfee about my current subscription needing to be renewed, will that only allow me to renew to the current edition of Internet Security Suite or can I upgrade to the Total Protection 2009 at that time?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

As long as your online subscription is paid up you will get updates and upgrades to whatever the latest version is that's available.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community