Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hopeless1
Former Member
Message 1 of 40

Dat out of date?

Jump to solution

My last dat is 6807 august 17, 2012  Since then none.  I ran Virtual technician which found no problems.   I ran a check for updates again and it said the program was up to date.

Anti Virus Plus

Security Center 11.0.678  Virus Scan 15.0  build 15.0.302

Windows XP sp3   IE8

I'm a little concerned as the updates are usually everyday. When I click on "about"  the last one was 8/17 (dat 6807 created 8/17)  I have none for 8/18 and  it's now 8/19 and telling me

"your programs are up to date" 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 38 of 40

Re: Dat out of date?

Jump to solution

That's great.   All the best 😉

View solution in original post

39 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 40

Jump to solution

Mine's the same so I wouldn't worry about it.  Perhaps yesterday's DAT was scrapped for some reason.   It has happened before.

hopeless1
Former Member
Message 3 of 40

Jump to solution

Thank you Peter, your reply is reasuring. Since you say you have the same dat, 6807, I'll stop worrying.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 40

Jump to solution

Basically if SecurityCenter isn't complaining about something then you're OK.   😉

All the best.

Sc00ter
Former Member
Message 5 of 40

Jump to solution

Dat file 6808 appears to have been skipped for the consumer products to fix some issues introduced in dat 6807.  They just released an emergency dat 6809 to fix those issues.  None of my systems experienced any network connectivity issues (since Firewall build 12.0.360), but I did experience an issue attempting to run quick scan from SecurityCenter.  It appears to be working again after receiving the 6809 signature dat.

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101446

muck
Former Member
Message 6 of 40

Jump to solution

I can connect to the internet but I can't seem to figure out how to download 6809 and apply it.  I've tried mcupdate /schedule and mcupdate /update.  The latter results in Security Center running and I get an error message.

I really don't want to reinstall; any ideas?

Thanks.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 40

Jump to solution

6809 was only pushed to Enterprise to sort out problems caused by 6808, it wasn't pushed to home users because they never got 6808.

As I said earlier, if your updater says you are up to date, you are.

muck
Former Member
Message 8 of 40

Jump to solution

Understood.  Security Center says my computer is secure but if I try to run an update, I see "an error occurred".  I also had the same update manager crash overnight as seen in

McAffee update manager Service

I'm worried about getting future updates at this point.

Thanks.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 40

Jump to solution

Stop worrying.  If it bothers you contact Technical Support.

muck
Former Member
Message 10 of 40

Jump to solution

I have called them and been onhold for 54 minutes at this point.  I woudn't be so concerned save the fact I have the security center errors happening I've read about in other articles and the articles I've seen say both home and enterprise are affected.

Thanks for your help though.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community