cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Theap
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Critical Issues With Antivirus Plus 2010

Immediately after installing Antivirus plus I was able to use it, however since then, I have shut down/restarted my computer, and now when I attempt to open the Security Center, it opens a blank version of the Security Center, with none of the menu options visible.  I have tried uninstalling it, but again, the options don't appear there either, so at this point I'm stuck with software that I can't use.

I also tried to just install over it, but the cd says "javascript is not working correctly on this pc"

I have tried reinstalling javascript, but that seems to be ineffective as well.  Anyone have any idea on this?

6 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

Re: Critical Issues With Antivirus Plus 2010

Hello,

Could you please provide me with the following details ;

What is  the operating system of the computer ?
How old is the computer ?
Please try to reinstall java script from this link :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=47809025-d896-482e-a0d6-524e7e844d81&Displa...

Restart the computer and check the status .

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community moderator

Theap
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

The computer is running Windows Vista, and is 2 years old.  I'm about to try reinstalling javascript again.

EDIT: It seems I'm also unable to install that javascript, I got error messages, which I will attach to the post.

Message was edited by: Theap on 8/17/10 3:13:09 PM CDT

EDIT 2: My McAfee program is still running background processes normally, it just updated.

Message was edited by: Theap on 8/17/10 3:13:50 PM CDT

EDIT 3: It appears after allowing the installs to complete by restarting that I once again have access to menu options, but now it does not recognize the virus protection component of the software as being installed.  Everything else seems to be working at the moment...

Message was edited by: Theap on 8/17/10 3:30:42 PM CDT

EDIT 4: It took a while, but I've managed to fix everything.  Thanks for the help

Message was edited by: Theap on 8/17/10 4:23:33 PM CDT
Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for reporting back with the status . feel free to approach us if any issues

Theap
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

Well I had to reinstall the software to get the virus scan component running again, and I'm having trouble reactivating the software under my account.  It registers online, but the software itself doesn't register.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Sorry for the delayed response, is there any specific error message that we receive during activation ?
If possible could you please provide me with a screen shot for the same.

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

Theap
Former Member
Message 7 of 7

I've actually settled this issue.  The program kept telling me to reactivate, and I would click the button to reactivate.  Then the website would pop up telling me I have, but McAfee on my computer wouldn't register the activation, so there was no error message to display.  I ended up having to reinstall and enter in the authorization code again, but it's working now.

Thank you for your help.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community