cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_178540
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Could not see any option to configure mcAfee firewall in Security Center

Can any one please help me how to get McAfee firewall - when there is no option available in mcAfee Security Center

I have installed McAfee came with o2 broadband. When clicked on "about" link on Security center it shows Security Center version - 8.0 , build - 8.0.244, with list of other products installed that includes

Virus Scan, Site Advisor, Anti-spam,Privacy Service , data backup

It does not show firewall.

From forum I understand that there needs to be a Firewall option to configure but I could not find firewall setting option at all.

From Home screen of Security Center when I clicked on "Internet & Network" - it shows Firewall protection --> Windows firewall protection is enabled.

But I can confirmed that windows firewall protection is not enabled as Microsoft Windows Security Center - indicates that Firewall is turned off. I have attached the screenshot

My desktop is running on Windows Vista - Home edition

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: Could not see any option to configure mcAfee firewall in Security Center

"Firewall turned off' in Windows SecurityCenter means that Windows Firewall is turned off but it should show McAfee Firewall as turned on.  SecurityCenter 8 is obsolete so it's not any surprise that it isn't registering properly with Windows Security Center.   Configuration of it is only done in McAfee SecurityCenter anyway..  Did you install a fresh copy from your online account or from a CD?

I suggest you uninstall and start afresh and use the online account..

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 18/12/10 10:24:35 EST AM
user_178540
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

I have O2 broadband and as part of that they provide McAfee antivirus.

I downloaded the O2 Setup CD online available on http://mybroadband.o2.co.uk/O2BroadbandSoftwareDownloads.jsp

The McAfee is installed as a part of CD, and that installs the Security Center version 8.00

Previously I had newer version of McAfee but O2 installation CD could not install McAfee as it was reporting error due to version available on my desktop is newer that O2 cd wanted to installed and asked to uninstall the existing McAfee.

I installed the existing version from desktop and then installed McAfee as from O2 setup CD as a part of their setup activity

Is there any new CD provided by McAfee / O2 to install new version?

Will this new installation using new CD use O2 broardband based software license provided ?(O2 broadband includes license for using McAfee)

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

If you want the O2 version you would have to phone them and ask them for it, or however one contacts their support.

Otherwise you would download from your online account, not sure whether or not that would be the O2 site or McAfee UK.

All I know is somehow you've regressed to a version that is no longer supported.

I would contact them first and then if they can't help phone the UK McAfee Customer Service

Telephone Customer Service

To speak with a Customer Service representative, call 020 7949 0107. You may be asked for your registered email address and order
number. Telephone charges may apply.   Estimated wait time: 10-30 minutes
Hours of Operation: 09.00-18.00 local, Monday through Friday

You don't necessarily need an order number so don't worry about that.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 20/12/10 1:23:10 EST PM
Dinz
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Hi Swati,

Please run the McAfee removal tool from here and restart the computer.

Check and uninstall if you have any other security software in the computer.

Run the Mcpreinstall tool from here which would delete cookies from the browser.

Then login to your McAfee account here : http://uk.mcafee.com/root/login.asp  (if you do not remember the password use Forgot my password option)

Forgot password.JPG

Please let us know if you face any difficulties over the same.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

Message was edited by: Dinz for message clarity  on 12/20/10 12:52:37 PM GMT-06:00
Dinz
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

Swathi ,

Could you please confirm and let us know if you were you able to get the issue resolved ???

Regards,

Dinz

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community